12

--- 

After dinner, Emily insisted on showing me around the house while the guys cleaned up—apparently, that was the rule in the pack: women cook, men clean. I liked that rule.

Emily's house was cozy, filled with little touches that made it feel like a home—photos on the walls, blankets draped over the couch, the scent of vanilla and cinnamon in the air. It was clear that this place was a safe haven for the pack, and I could see why.

"So, how are you holding up?" Emily asked gently as we walked through the small hallway. "It's a lot to take in, I know."

I nodded, biting my lip. "It is. But... I think I'm starting to get used to it."

Emily smiled, her face softening with warmth. "That's good. Just remember, you don't have to figure everything out right away. We're here for you, whenever you need us."

"Thanks, Emily," I said, feeling a lump form in my throat. I wasn't used to people being so... open, so accepting. It was a little overwhelming in the best way.

When we returned to the living room, I found Kim sitting on the couch, her eyes meeting mine with an understanding smile. "Want to sit with me?" she asked, patting the cushion next to her.

"Sure," I said, taking the seat next to her.

We sat in comfortable silence for a moment before Kim spoke again. "It gets easier, you know. The imprinting thing."

"How do you deal with all this?" I gesture toward outside where the guys, mostly Jared are currently attempting to wrestle Paul, and glanced at her.

Kim nodded, her smile soft. "It's intense at first, but eventually, it just... clicks. You start to understand each other on a level that no one else can. It's kind of amazing."

I wasn't sure if I was ready for that kind of connection with Paul yet, but hearing Kim talk about it made me feel a little less scared. "I hope so," I said, letting my curiosity get the better of me. "But how do you know? What if I end up hating it?"

Kim grins, her eyes softening as she watches Jared. "It gets easier," she says quietly. "You learn to live with it."

"Live with it," I repeat, more to myself. I think of the pull I feel toward Paul, the strange magnetism that I can't fully understand. "I don't know if I'll ever get used to it."

Kim chuckles, nudging me. "You will. Besides, you've got something else going on too, don't you? Jared said, you're a witch. Is that true?"

I blink, caught off guard by her casual tone. "Uh, yeah. I guess that's true."

Kim's eyes widened, a mix of surprise and intrigue. "Wait, seriously? I thought that Jared was just trying to be funny."

I shrugged, feeling a little shy but also amused. "It's true. My mom is a witch too, as well as my aunt Agatha. I can do things, but as Jared said, I'm still a witchling, I'm still learning."

"That's amazing!" Kim exclaimed. "So can you, like, predict the future or something? Or is it just spells and potions?"

I chuckled at her enthusiasm. "It's a bit of everything, really. I can do a little divination, but mostly I focus on spells and elemental magic."

"Wow! So if I asked you to tell me my future, would you?" she teased, her smile playful.

I grinned, leaning closer. "Only if you want to know if you're destined for eternal happiness with Jared."

Her laughter filled the air, bright and genuine. "Okay, you're officially my favorite person here."

I laugh. "But Divination is more... complicated than people think. It's not like reading a crystal ball and seeing tomorrow's weather. But I can see glimpses, sometimes, like it happpend with the vision of Embry."