=͟͟͞͞ ✯ 21

after a long day of stolen bases and loud arguments regarding if someone kicked a foul ball, the kickball game was finally winding down. soonyoung was still feeling pretty energetic even in the end, probably from the numerous energy drinks he downed that morning and the protein bars he had stuffed in his pockets that he munched on during the game. he kept all of this a secret from his friends. truthfully, he just really enjoyed seeing the looks on their faces when he was skipping around the field while the rest of them were begging for the game to end.

unknown to the rest of the group, jeonghan had a plan to end the game. he knew how the day would pan out: everyone would be energetic in the beginning but it would soon die down, leaving just a few members pushing for the game to continue, which would probably start a heavy argument. this was the complete opposite of what the team building days were meant for, so the managers of the restaurant had their own plans set for how to subtly end each of their their designated activities before things went too far.

and jeonghan's plan was so devious, so thorough, so meticulous. it amazed him that he didn't feel the need to utilize it sooner.

"let's all just give up." the manager said after an extended silence. again, he planned this out, so he knew what would happen next. the group would yell at him and eventually concede, and they definitely took the bait. seungkwan yelled something along the lines of this was your idea, hyung! which jeonghan couldn't help but chuckle at. the young host was right, the kickball game was jeonghan's idea.

jeonghan, however, wasn't going to back down that quickly. while his younger friends continued to yell at him, he crossed his arms over his chest as he said, "hey, you guys should be thankful for me. the other groups are going out into the forest and doing military training. one group is climbing a mountain. i heard one group is even folding a thousand paper cranes."

this seemed to be enough to calm the group down. their loud shouts died down and eventually they were mumbling in thanks towards the manager. jeonghan smiled gently, waving them off as he said, "let's just pack up and head out. i don't know about you guys, but i am starving." 

the group let out a half-assed round of cheers as they began to grab their belongings. jeonghan heard soonyoung and seungkwan arguing in the background about whose team won, the other members quickly chiming in as they slowly made their way out of the baseball field. the manager smiled to himself as he grabbed his bag and handed it off to seungcheol, the older boy letting out a grunt in response but still carrying the bag anyway.

just as jeonghan turned to ask seungcheol if he wanted to drive, the two older boys stopped in their tracks when soonyoung ran up to them and greeted them loudly. they exchanged a look in amusement before jeonghan faced the younger boy properly. "yes, soonyoung?" jeonghan said lightly, a hint of tease in his voice as he looked the younger boy up and down.

"can i ride with you guys to the restaurant? seungkwan is being really annoying right now." soonyoung asked, tossing a glare at seungkwan who was already looking at soonyoung with a fierce glare of his own. 

seungcheol let out a quiet laugh. "oh, but you already have a ride. and our car is full." the oldest said as he stuffed his hands into his pockets. though his tone sounded like one you would use on a child, soonyoung didn't seem to take offense to it.

soonyoung shook his head fervently, looking resolute as he said, "i'll trade spots with someone! let's see. hmm..." his eyes narrowed as he scanned the area, trying to recall who was riding in their car. his eyes landed on minghao, who was talking animatedly with wonwoo about something. soonyoung's face brightened as he cupped his hands around his mouth. "myungho! switch cars with me!" soonyoung shouted, startling the group who were now in the parking lot, climbing into their cars.