𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇#23 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝒾ℯ𝓈

Chapter Title: "Beneath the Surface"

Arianna Lopez sat on the edge of her bed, staring out at the full moon shining through her window. The words her mother had said earlier that day echoed in her mind like a haunting melody.

"I would sacrifice pieces of my flesh and still be considered selfish for not giving my bones," she whispered to herself, the weight of those words sinking deep into her heart.

Arianna had always been the one to put others before herself. She was the shoulder to cry on, the ear to listen, the friend to lean on. But lately, she had started to feel like no matter how much she gave, it was never enough.

She glanced at the framed photo on her nightstand, a picture of her and her best friend Maya laughing under the summer sun. They had been inseparable since they were kids, but lately, things had felt different between them.

Maya had been pulling away, spending more time with a new group of friends who didn't exactly welcome Arianna with open arms. It hurt, seeing Maya drift further and further away, like a ship sailing off into the horizon, leaving Arianna stranded on the shore.

But Arianna couldn't bring herself to confront Maya about it. She was afraid of what she might say, afraid of what she might hear. What if Maya told her that she was being selfish for wanting her best friend all to herself? What if Maya said that she needed to let her go and find her own path?

The thought made Arianna's stomach twist into knots, a mixture of fear and longing swirling inside her like a stormy sea. She closed her eyes, willing the tears not to fall, not to betray the turmoil raging within her.

But deep down, Arianna knew that she couldn't keep sacrificing pieces of herself in the hopes of holding onto something that was slipping away. She couldn't give up her bones, her core, her essence, just to please others and avoid being labeled as selfish.

With a newfound resolve burning in her chest, Arianna wiped away the tears that had finally escaped and stood up from her bed. She knew what she had to do. She had to face her fears, confront her doubts, and find the strength to stand tall in the face of uncertainty.

As she opened her bedroom door and stepped out into the hallway, the moonlight casting a silver glow around her, Arianna whispered to herself, "I may sacrifice pieces of my flesh, but I will never give up my bones. I am more than what others expect of me. I am Arianna Lopez, and I will shine, even in the darkest of nights."

And with that silent declaration echoing in her ears, Arianna took her first step towards reclaiming her true self, knowing that whatever lay ahead, she would face it with courage, grace, and unwavering determination.

Chapter Title: "Words Unspoken"

Arianna Lopez sat at her desk, her pen hovering over the blank page of her journal. She could feel the weight of her emotions pressing down on her chest, a heavy burden that she couldn't shake off no matter how hard she tried.

"Sometimes, dear readers, when it hurts so much to keep it in your head, write it and see if everyone understands," she whispered to herself, the words a mantra she had repeated to herself countless times before.

She knew that writing was her escape, her sanctuary where she could pour out her thoughts and feelings without fear of judgment or misunderstanding. But this time, the words felt stuck in her throat, refusing to flow from her pen onto the paper.

Arianna closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to steady herself. She thought about all the things she wanted to say, the pain and confusion swirling inside her like a tornado threatening to tear her apart.

She thought about her parents, who seemed to be drifting further and further apart with each passing day, their smiles growing more strained, their words more sharp. She thought about her friends, who always seemed to have a thousand things to say but never really listened to what she had to say.