Chapter 8

A/N: Another long chapter for my pookies, enjoy!

Tw for slight violence and blood<3

THIRD-PERSON P.O.V.

You hung out with Ford a lot more after that.

Mostly going to the diner, his house or your house though. You wanted to explore the strange woods, but you knew going alone could be a tragic mistake; a mistake that ultimately would cost you your life.

As you're sitting on your porch with Ford, drinking tea in comfortable silence. You muster up the courage to ask him:

"Hey Dweeb?" You started, breaking the silence. He hummed in response and you continued. "Would it.. uh- would it be too much trouble for you to accompany me to the woods for some research?"

He looked at you, kind of surprised, then thought for a moment. You'd still go researching even without him, but bringing some extra muscle never hurt nobody.

He finally opened his mouth and said, "well it certainly isn't too much trouble but it is trouble to some extent.. these woods are not ordinary" you nodded and replied "I know, that's why I trust you to come with me, dummy" you smiled and he laughed slightly.

"Very well, I'll accompany you to the woods, when are you thinking?" You brought your first up then down, taking in a silent victory.

"I'm thinking of going in two days. Since it's gonna take practically a day for me to set up my lab equipment, not to mention I cannot find my sample pouch." You groaned, frustrated. "Without the pouch, taking samples is gonna be much harder"

Ford chuckled "I could help you find it, my vision is quite sharp" he said proudly and you shot him a cocky grin "Pines, your ego is inflating again" he shakes his head and gets up.

"Come on, let's find your pouch" he walks inside my house and I get up, walking after him.

"Alright, it's a green pouch with yellow stitching on its handles. Inside of it, there's small glass planes, tweezers, a scalpel and two small tests tubes" you explained to him and he just nodded.

You both started to search for the lost sample pouch, taking different rooms. You took the kitchen and he took the living room.

FORD'S P.O.V.

No luck in the living room, damn.

I practically turned the couch upside down, only to find some dust piling up underneath it.

I yell "No luck here! I'll go search somewhere else!" They reply from the kitchen "okay!! Let me know if you find it!"

I walk further into the cabin and turn left, walking inside and looking around, I seem to be in Y/N's room.

An average sized bed, small closet, a big desk. I smile to myself and whisper: "of course they'd have a huge desk"

I look in the closet and fumble the clothes around, no pouch. Just sweaters, hoodies, band t-shirts and more variety of clothes. Sigh

'where the hell have they put that thing?'

I look under the bed, more dust.. and a box full of old books? Huh. Interesting. Maybe I can borrow some soon enough.

I get up, dusting myself off. I look at the desk and walk over to it. They were always unorganised so the mess on it didn't surprise me. Though, when they did organise their things, I was impressed by their attention to detail.

I opened a drawer and looked inside. There's a little book, I grabbed it and thought for a bit. Surely they wouldn't mind me reading, it looks like an ordinary book. Though, there's no title on the cover. Strange.