28: Cassie's Dream Journal: Pomefiore

Epel's  Dream

When we first arrived in Epel's dream, everything seemed normal. We were in the main pathway leading to the school building. A seemingly peaceful and tranquil environment is the best way to create a false sense of security.

It didn't take long for the earthquake of footsteps to reach us.

The footsteps came from only one person.

In his dream, Epel was the best Magift player Night Raven College had ever seen. He was also the tallest, strongest, and biggest person in the school....with emphasis on the biggest. He could probably give Jack and the other Savanaclaw guys a run for their money.

It was astonishing though. Malleus had the magical reserves to create thousands of intricate dreams, but couldn't make sure someone's head was proportional to their body.

We decided to catch up to him. Standing next to him, I felt like a toddler looking up to an adult.

Upon seeing us, he was naturally confused. As he should be. We have a very interesting and unique ensemble.

Silver, Sebek, and Grim first tried to initiate a conversation with him. They tried to remind him how he was one of the smallest people in our grade, but how he used it to his advantage.

Of course, the delusional dumbass laughed it off and called us insane.

Ortho then got an idea. He asked Epel (since he's basically so enormous), what he eats in a day because he wants to be able to grow as well. Epel gave a genuine answer, but it raised the skepticism in Orthos' mind.

I then asked when he did he become taller than Vil, the one person who he swore he would fight head on no matter what it took. And he drew a blank.

Like in the previous dream, as soon as someone was starting to wake up, the Darkness came in. Though, it looked like the magic nightmare goo had some new tricks. It took on the forms of Vil and Rook. They started gushing about how incredible Epel was with his new stature and how the Savanclaw students are wanting for him to transfer to their dorm.

This got Epel back into his excited mood....which only agitated us even more.

Though, I didn't expect for Grim to be the first to snap.

He marched right up to buff Epel and told him, "Did'ya forget about VDC?! You said you would make a weapon out of your loveliness to defeat Neige LeBlanche! Your weapons weren't your guns that are your muscles!"

I saw the lights turn back on in Epel's head. Thank the moon and stars he returned back to his normal size at that moment, he was starting to give me the heebie jeebies.

"I may be small and I'm not strong, but I'm the poisonous apple of a beautiful queen who can kill any opponent in one blow," he said.

Of course, we had the show crashers of the imposter Rook and Vil join us. How fortunate for us that Epel was riled up and ready to start a fight. We offered him our support, but he took care of the battle as quickly as it started.

His unique magic, "Sleep Kiss" had improved since I saw it in action last when we were in the Land of Grief. How he casted the spell with such ease and finesse.

WIth Epel now on our side, Ortho gave him an invitation which contained the code to the final battle with Malleus. Additionally, the engineers at S.T.Y.X. created some "dummy data," (their words, not mine), to make it look like Epel never left his dream