𝟎𝟎𝟏.

- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 -

- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 -

noni💙
you lost or sum?
read 16:46

𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄, pushing her sunglasses further up her nose as she looked out over the training ground.

She was leaning against her car, parked in a spot she wasn't entirely sure she was allowed to use, locking her phone as she took in the view. It was strange, being back at the England training grounds after all this time. The place had that calm, late - evening stillness to it, the kind that always set in after a long day of drills and matches. Most of the players had already packed it in for the day, but a few of them were still lingering on the pitch, kicking a ball around, the low hum of their voices carried by the warm breeze.

Amara's eyes drifted across the field, catching the last golden rays of the setting sun as it gave everything a soft glow. The grass looked impossibly green, almost too perfect to be real.

She'd been here before - back when Noni had first started training with the squad. Those early days when everything was new and exciting, and she'd come to watch him as much as she could.  She hadn't seen him in forever. Too long, really. Between his transfers, training, and her job keeping her moving between cities, the two of them hadn't had much time for anything beyond the occasional text or facetime.

She shifted her weight, glancing back down at her phone, just in time to see a familiar figure jogging toward her across the pitch. Even from a distance, she could recognize Noni by the way he moved, his legs carrying him effortlessly over the grass. He had this casual way about him. And even though she hadn't seen him in ages, the sight of him made her relax, just a little.

Noni slowed to a stop a few feet away from her, hands on his knees, his face slightly flushed from the run. The training gear he was wearing clung to his frame, making him look even taller, more muscular than she remembered. But there was that familiar grin, the one she knew all too well, tugging at the corners of his lips.

"You actually showed up," he said, eyebrows raised in mock surprise.

Amara crossed her arms, leaning back against the hood of her car. "Well, I was invited, wasn't I?"

"Yeah, but you've been acting too good for me lately," he teased, stepping closer and throwing an arm around her shoulder. "Busy with all your work. Forgotten all about us little people."

She shoved him lightly, but didn't shake him off. The weight of his arm was heavy, but comforting, like slipping into an old routine. She could smell the faint scent of sweat and grass on him, mixed with the faintest hint of whatever cologne he wore.

"You've got some nerve," she said, her voice softer now. "Acting like I've been the one ghosting you when you're the one who's impossible to get in contact with."