[01] Prologue

2003 FEBRUARY-7 MONTHS BEFORE THE INCIDENT
It was 12AM and you were walking back home from school. You and some other students were told to stay back for hall decorations, your seniors were having their graduation-in February for some reason. You agreed thinking it wouldn't have taken too long, but here you were alone on the streets vulnerable to any kidnapping and whatnot.

It was raining pretty hard, the ground was flooded to the point the water was almost at your knees, the dirty water staining your white socks. As if having to take of your glasses-which practically made you blind- wasn't enough. You were sneezing and shivering from the cold, unfortunately you didn't bring an umbrella with you so you were soaked.

"Why did it have to rain.. It was so sunny this sunny this morning.." You whined outloud. No one was around to hear your whining, or you hoped. "I hope the other students are also suffering.."

"Oi" A car pulled up beside you. "I have a car. I'll drop you home."

You were young-11-12-, but you weren't dumb. "Ah.. N-no, I'm fine walking..Achoo! My house is close by." That was a lie. Your house wasn't close at all.

"Come on brat, if your all wet and sneezy. Just get in I'll drop you home." The man opened his car door only to stop halfway-We're just gonna act like the water isn't flooding the car.

"She won't be going anywhere with you." Only then did you notice the other boy with black hair and eyes standing behind you. He held his umbrella over the both of you.

The man that previously tried to take you home grumbled and drove off.

"Are you ok?" He asked grabbing your shoulders gently. Infact everything about him seemed gentle. You felt safe.

"Y-yeah.." You nodded shivering.

"Poor thing... Come, you can crash at my house. I have 2 little siblings your age!" He cheerfully said. For some reason you left yourself get dragged towards his house, which you were standing infront of.

୧⋆。🕯. -ʚɞ

"My name is Shinichiro, what's yours?" He asked shaking off the rain droplets before putting it in the umbrella holder.

"[Name]..." You muttered, still shivering and try to hold back sneezes.

"Follow me [name]-chan!" He walked towards a room with you hesitantly following behind. You both stood at the doorway of the living room. Watching two blondes, one girl and one boy bickering about who gets to use the television.

"Manjiro! Emma!" Shinichiro called out.

Manjiro and Emma turned to Shinichiro before their eyes landed on you, shivering with a red nose and wet.

"What happened? Who is this?" Emma approached you with a concerned look.

"Are you ok?" Manjiro also approached you.

"This is [name], she was walking outside in the rain and some man tried to take her. Luckily I saw from garage window." Shinichiro smirked in pride hoping he would get a praise. But none followed. Emma had already ushered you to her room to get you a change of clothes. Luckily you and her were the same size and height.

"Your pathetic.." Manjiro muttered.

"SHUT UP!" Shinichiro yelled, clearly embarrassed.

After changing, you followed Emma downstairs.

"You can stay the night here, [name]-chan" Shinichiro winked.

You smiled and nodded.

"She can stay in my room!" Emma exclaimed.