too late for love [pt 3]

Days turned into weeks, and Jungkook felt the weight of regret heavier than ever. Jimin had kept his distance, focusing on his rehearsals and trying to immerse himself in work to avoid the pain of their last encounter. Jungkook respected Jimin's need for space but found it increasingly difficult to be apart from him.

Determined to show Jimin that he truly cared, Jungkook began with small gestures. Every morning, he would wake up early to prepare Jimin's favorite breakfast-soft pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. He would leave the plate outside Jimin's door, hoping that one morning Jimin would smile and say thank you.

Though Jimin often took the food without a word, Jungkook noticed him starting to linger a bit longer each time, glancing at Jungkook with a mixture of curiosity and appreciation.

-

One afternoon, Jungkook devised a plan. He enlisted the help of the other BTS members, inviting them to a surprise outing to a nearby amusement park. Knowing how much Jimin loved roller coasters, Jungkook hoped the fun atmosphere would lift Jimin's spirits.

When they arrived at the park, Jungkook anxiously searched for Jimin's reaction. As they entered, Jimin's eyes widened in delight, and a small smile broke through his otherwise stoic demeanor. Jungkook felt a flicker of hope.

"Come on, Jimin! Let's go!" Jungkook urged, grabbing his hand and pulling him toward the rides.

For a few hours, laughter and excitement filled the air as they screamed on roller coasters and played games. Jungkook cherished every moment, feeling the barriers between him and Jimin slowly start to fade.

-

Later that evening, as the sun began to set, Jungkook found a quiet spot away from the noise. He turned to Jimin, who was watching the sunset with a thoughtful expression.

"Jimin," he began, his voice steady but soft, "I know I hurt you, and I'm really sorry. I should have been honest with myself about my feelings from the beginning."

Jimin turned to look at him, his eyes glistening with unspoken emotions. "It's not that easy, Jungkook. You can't just say sorry and expect everything to be okay."

"I know," Jungkook replied, stepping closer. "But I'm willing to work for it. I want to show you that I can be the person you deserve. Just give me a chance."

-

Over the next few weeks, Jungkook continued to put in the effort. He invited Jimin to practice sessions, always making sure to cheer the loudest when Jimin performed. He also started planning movie nights, creating an atmosphere where they could reconnect.

One evening, while watching a romantic film, Jungkook caught Jimin stealing glances at him during the tender moments on screen. Jungkook's heart raced as he leaned closer, their shoulders brushing. "You know, I'm really lucky to have you in my life, Jimin," he whispered, hoping to spark a deeper conversation.

Jimin didn't reply immediately, his eyes glued to the screen, but Jungkook noticed the corners of his mouth twitching upward. It was a small victory, but it fueled Jungkook's determination.

-

Just when Jungkook felt like they were making progress, a setback occurred. During a live broadcast, a fan asked Jimin how he felt about his relationship with Jungkook. Jimin hesitated, a shadow passing over his face before he replied, "I don't think we're in the same place anymore."

Jungkook's heart sank as he watched Jimin's expression. He could see the hurt behind his words, and it felt like a punch to the gut. After the broadcast, Jungkook confronted Jimin, desperation seeping into his voice. "What did you mean by that?"