16 : you can't runaway, hayati

If 200 comments I'll give a double update

𝜗𝜚⋆˚HAMDAN'S POV :

I stared at Rania's figure as she walked, more like running away from me. My jaw clenched as I ran towards my car and drove behind her, stopping when she was clearly in view.

"Get in," I ordered while sitting in the car, but she ignored me and walked faster.

"I said, get in, Rania!" I shouted from inside the car, and she decided to show me her middle finger. Taking a deep breath, I rushed out of the car towards her side.

I grabbed her wrist and dragged her towards the passenger seat. "Leave me alone, Hamdan!" she wriggled, trying to loosen my grip on her wrist.

"Not even in the next life, hayati," I opened the car door and forcefully shoved Rania in.

"Fuck you!" She rolled her eyes.

"Sure! Hop on the back seat," I said with a straight face while she paled.

She didn't utter a word anymore, staying silent as if she's frozen or zoning out. I put the seat belt on her side, closed the car door, and moved to my side.

I started the drive, and she didn't even utter a word, just stared at the glass windows as if she's ruminating something.

"Okay, I'm sorry! I genuinely thought you asked me on a date, and I was definitely on cloud nine, but thanks to you for humbling me," I apologized with a slight mock.

But she didn't reply.

"I said I'm sorry! Are you hearing me?" I waved my hand in front of her face to see if she's okay.

She suddenly gazed at me as if she's back to life. I stared at her with furrowed brows.

"Oh yes, I heard you!" She gazes at her shivering hands.

"What's wrong, hayati?" I ask as I placed my hand on hers to stop it from shaking.

"Your existence in my life," she spoke while staring at our hands.

My eyes widened at her words.

I stayed silent while continuing to drive.

The ride was silent with thin atmosphere.

"You know when I was little, I would watch Disney. My favorite princess was Beauty, and my favorite movie was Beauty and the Beast," she started speaking lifelessly.

"While I was a kid, I always wondered to have a beast for myself! The beast I would heal with my love. The beast whose real form I'll bring back to life. Because I always knew everyone has a heart that beats; you just need to breathe oxygen into it," her words making my breathing stiffen.

"You know how beasts are, in my opinion, they're just scary and bad from the outside, but from the inside, they're soft like candy floss. They have a good heart; it's just that you have to melt the ice with your love," a smile adorning her face as I take glances at her from time to time.