Getting Drunk

AN: Not sure how I feel about this, some parts felt, admittedly forced. But I guess I'm happy with the puns semi-hidden in it. Go, read, enjoy. Remember no minors! Kthxbai!

I awoke in bed with Gin's face pressed up against mine. While I was still second-guessing our relationship, it seemed like he knew what he wanted. He was still snoozing when I slipped out of his loose grasp and tip-toed out the door to the restroom. As usual, a monster had appeared where my face normally was. I splashed some water on it in an attempt to scare it off, but it still clung. Giving up, I moved to the kitchen and began cooking some breakfast.
The smell must have awoken Gin, who came stumbling into the room, half-awake. I grabbed a box of Pokéblocks and poured them onto a plate for the Garchomp; Gin seemed grateful and by the time I returned to the table with my plate of eggs, he had devoured them all. I engulfed my eggs with large bites, took a swig of Oran berry juice to wash it down, and pulled myself up. Coughing loudly, I attempted to garner Gin's attention.

"Alright Gin!" this time his eyes locked-on. I felt a bit distracted by his stare, my skin heating up in a blush. "This is day one of training! We're gonna go out to that field-"I flung my arm out, pointing flamboyantly at a lightly hilled grassy meadow far off in the distance, "and we're gonna kick some wild Pokémon's asses." Gin didn't seem too thrilled at the prospect either way, but he wasn't outright denying to leave the house.

"Well then," I began, pulling out the bike I stored in my backpack. "Let's begin with a little agility exercise!" With a practiced motion I flung the bike open and kicked open the door. Gin leapt out first, and began to take off down the sidewalk. I had already locked the door and chased after him on the bike, kicking it up to high gear. He was a slowly growing speck in the distance, but I was catching up to him. My legs burned with each downward thrust of the pedal, but I knew I could bike much longer than this, all those days biking as an up-and-coming trainer had paid off.

Finally I had caught up with the sprinting Garchomp. His light and small stature seemed to make him ideal for speed, a thought I would keep in mind. His indigo legs barely touched the dusty ground as they propelled him along. The grass-covered field was just ahead, and I pedaled harder, doing everything I could to blast past Gin. For a moment, I made it in front of him, but suddenly, with a blast of indigo flesh, Gin flew past with a burst of speed. He left me in his wake, the brutal wind rushing to fill the gap behind him blustered me, breaking my concentration and nearly throwing me off my bike. He may have won this battle, but our war still up in the air and our next fight was hiding in the grass.

"It's time to see what you're really made of," I said, rolling into danger, Gin following me closely. It didn't take long for us to find our first Pokémon to prey on; it was a large Seviper, sprawled across the grassy plain. It was nearly sixteen feet long, twice as large as an average one. With ninja-like stealth, I drew my battle-weapon. It was a 35 inch, solid baseball bat, made of the finest aluminum my battle-money could buy. I raised it high above my head, and swung down on the Pokémon's lengthy body.

With a fleshy thud, the Seviper curled up for a brief moment, and then sprung out, attempting to bite off my face. It was only with my quick reflexes that I saved mon visage; when would Gin jump in and begin his battle? I didn't have to wait long, as the moment the Seviper reared back for another bite, Gin pulled me back, shielding me with his fin. The scales on his arm proved too tough and smooth for even the acid-coated teeth of the Seviper to break through or get a grip on, and he whipped the Pokémon about, throwing it high into the air.

It landed a few yards from us with a sickening thump, but it still had life in it. The snake flipped back onto his belly, and started to slither towards us once more. Gin had already begun his move, slamming his foot against the ground, causing it to ripple outwards violently. The Earthquake merely lasted a second, but it was long enough to knock the Seviper high into the air. I shifted my grasp on the bat, tightening my grip and ran towards where it was falling; the top of my bat lightly slid across the ground as I picked up speed.