17 : to mend our bond

𝜗𝜚⋆₊˚RANIA'S POV :

𝜗𝜚⋆˚RANIA'S POV :

It's funny how all my life I played the victim of Armaan's death and always made my brother feel guilty by self-harming and hurting him with rude words to protect myself.

I hurt Rayyan only so that no one doubts that I was the one who killed Armaan that day.

I took a deep breath, stared at my suitcase, and then at the door. Today, I'm gonna do something I never thought I'd be doing: ask forgiveness from Rayyan and mend my bond with him.

And if possible, let him know the real truth about Armaan's death because he deserves to know!

I am the worst sister one could ever have.

I ruined his mental health; he was diagnosed with insomnia because of overthinking and always hated himself, thinking he wrecked my home, thinking he killed his own best friend and future brother-in-law.

I'll make sure Rayyan forgives me, even if it's the last thing he does once he knows the truth.

I ring the bell, waiting for someone to open the door, and in a few minutes, the door is opened, revealing my beautiful sister-in-law, Rayyan's wife, Sehmat, clad in a pastel purple jumpsuit.

Her lips form a thin line first when she looks at me, and then a smile adorns her lips. "Oh my goodness! Hello," she greeted me with a smile mixed with a frown.

"Hi bhabi," I hesitantly replied.

"Come in, Rania, and don't call me bhabi; it looks so formal. Just call me Sehmat," she said as she grabbed my suitcase and allowed me in.

"Where's Rayyan?" I asked, looking around the penthouse.

Sehmat walked towards the kitchen and brought me a glass of water, which I took with a small smile.

"He usually works at home, but sometimes if it's too important, he stays at the office. So right now, he is in the office; he'll be back at night!" she informed while gazing at the clock, and I nodded.

"But wait! I can call him and tell him you're here; he will rush and arrive within a second after knowing that his little sister is here." My stomach churned, and my heart sank.

Rayyan doesn't deserve a sister like me.

Sehmat proceeded to grab her phone from her pocket when I stopped her. "Hey! It's okay. he must have business to handle. I'll wait for him! Also, that I'll be staying here for a while, you don't mind, right? Do you?" I asked hesitantly.

I'm not much frank with Sehmat, neither my own brother, so it's kinda uncomfortable here, but I'm here to mend my bond, and no matter what, I'll seek forgiveness and their love.

"Omg, of course not! You're like my own sister, you can stay here forever." She smiled gently, she's such an Angel, I must say. She didn't even ask me why I'm here.