one more sleepless night

a.n - this first one-shot is from my other book! a quick note, the one-shots in this book probably won't go above 1,000 words because i'm trying to make them quite short. love you all and enjoy!

Taylor's POV

I turned in my bed, getting increasingly frustrated. It was almost 1am and I was nowhere near falling asleep. I rolled over, catching a glance of Travis, fast asleep. I hadn't slept well for the last 2 weeks, mostly because of everything going on right now. I was almost at the end of the eras tour, I was busy recording new songs and flying from country to country to perform each week. It was a lot.

After a while of tossing and turning, I decided to go downstairs, not wanting to wake the sleeping man next to me. I sat down on the couch and reached for my guitar. I always played when I was stressed, or like other nights, unable to sleep. I strummed the chords slowly, trying to calm the mass of thoughts in my head. My mind continued to race. I sighed impatiently, trying not to cry.

I stood up to make a cup of milk in the kitchen, putting it in the microwave. I rested my head in my hands, wiping away the tears that were gathering in the corner of my eyes. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't sleep these days. It had only started happening less than a few weeks ago, but it was already starting to take a big toll on my performance skills.

I held the warm drink in my hands, snuggling up on the couch. Olivia jumped onto my lap, looking at me with her big blue eyes. "Hi, my precious princess!" I cooed, stroking her head. She meowed loudly. I shushed her. "Travis is sleeping princess." I cuddled her close to me. "Yeah, I know I should probably sleep," I murmured. Olivia licked my face, jumping off me. I sighed, getting up to go back upstairs.

As I made my way upstairs, I heard a loud crash from the kitchen. "Oh shit." I muttered under my breath. It was probably one of the cats. I ran over just to find Benji licking his paw contently, sitting right in front of a pile of dishes that had quite obviously been knocked down. "Are you kidding me? Why are you cats up at this time anyway?" I shout-whispered, bending down to pick up the dishes.

I heard footsteps walking down the stairs and I froze. Travis appeared in the kitchen doorway, frowning. "Hey kitten. Why are you awake?" He made his way over to me, kissing my forehead gently. "Can't sleep." I whispered, struggling to hold back my tears. He seemed to sense my pain and wrapped me in his arms. "Why didn't you just wake me up?" He asked me softly. "I didn't want to. You've got training tomorrow and I don't want you to be tired." Tears welled up in my eyes, and I couldn't help but start crying.

"Hey, never be scared to wake me up okay? I do have training tomorrow, but why should that matter? You know you're my first choice for everything baby." He comforted me, wiping my tears away with his sleeve. "Really?" I looked up at him from beneath my lashes. "Always." He smiled, peppering my face with kisses. I giggled, squirming under his arms. "Come back to bed with me." I grabbed his arm, dragging him back upstairs.

I quickly splashed some water on my face to clear up my face before hopping into bed. Travis slid in next to me, adjusting the blanket so it covered both of us comfortably. "Cuddle me Travis." I giggled, inching closer to him. "Of course kitten." He draped his arm over me, kissing me softly. "I love you so much Travis." I whispered. "I love you more kitten." He whispered back, caressing my face softly. His hand was in my hair, running his fingers through it delicately, the other arm holding me as close as possible to him. I let my eyes close, listening to his rhythmic breathing match up with mine. Before I fell asleep, I heard his voice.

"I love you so much Taylor. You mean the world to me."