Dinner at the Singhania mansion was a formal affair, with the family gathering around the long, elegant dining table. The room was filled with the aroma of gourmet dishes prepared by their chefs. Viraj and Aarohi sat at the head of the table, engaging in light conversation, while Ruhi animatedly discussed her latest project.

Reyansh, however, was unusually quiet, pushing the food around on his plate. His mind kept drifting back to the encounter at the Kapoor mansion. Anushka's composed demeanor, her protectiveness over Anaya, and the way she had explained Anaya's shyness had left a lingering impression. He couldn't shake the image of Anaya's frightened eyes and Anushka's determined yet gentle presence.

"Reyansh, are you alright?" Aarohi's concerned voice broke through his thoughts.

He snapped back to reality, forcing a smile. "Yes, Mom. Just thinking about some business matters."

Ruhi smirked, noticing her brother's distraction. "Business matters, huh? You've been lost in thought since you got back. Something interesting happen today?"

Reyansh shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant. "Just a busy day. Nothing more."

Viraj raised an eyebrow, his keen eyes observing his son closely. "If something's bothering you, Reyansh, you can always talk to us."

"Thanks, Dad, but it's nothing I can't handle," Reyansh replied, his tone dismissive.

In an effort to distract himself, Reyansh pulled out his phone under the table and quickly typed a message to one of his recent one-night stands: *"Hey, you free tonight? Need a distraction."*

He sent the message and then cleared his throat, looking up at his family. "Actually, I have to go out tonight. There's a business meeting I need to attend."

Aarohi looked surprised. "Tonight? But it's so late."

"Sometimes business can't wait," Reyansh replied smoothly, standing up from the table. "I'll be back late, so don't wait up."

Ruhi watched him with a knowing look but said nothing as he excused himself from the table. Ruhi hated this.she hated this version of her brother but couldn't say anything. Reyansh felt a mix of relief and frustration as he left the dining room. He needed to clear his head and forget about the confusing emotions stirred up by Anushka and Anaya.

Reyansh quickly changed into a fresh set of clothes and headed out. As he drove through the city streets, he focused on the familiar anticipation of a carefree night, trying to push thoughts of the Kapoor family out of his mind. He parked and checked his phone, seeing a reply from the woman: "Sure, my place?"

He texted back a quick affirmative and headed to her apartment, hoping the night would offer the distraction he desperately needed. However, even as he walked up to her door, he couldn't entirely shake the nagging thoughts of a pair of frightened green eyes and the woman who had fiercely protected them.

~~~~~~~~~

Ruhi sat in her luxurious room, the soft glow of the dimmed lights casting a warm ambiance over the elegant decor. The room, adorned with plush fabrics and tasteful art, reflected her impeccable taste. She reclined on her chaise longue, a glass of red wine in hand, her thoughts drifting to an unexpected encounter that had left a lasting impression.

It had been a few weeks ago, during a high-profile business conference. Ruhi had been making her way through the crowded lobby, her mind preoccupied with the details of an important negotiation. As she rounded a corner, she collided with a tall, broad-shouldered man, nearly spilling her documents all over the floor.

"Whoa, easy there," the man had said, steadying her with a firm grip. She had looked up, ready to deliver a sharp retort, only to find herself face-to-face with Siddharth Kapoor. His dark eyes, filled with a mixture of surprise and amusement, had met hers, and for a moment, the bustling crowd around them seemed to fade away.