18 : when secrets are revealed

It's a double update! Read chapter 17 before reading this one.

𝜗𝜚⋆₊˚RANIA'S POV :

𝜗𝜚⋆˚RANIA'S POV :

My heart beating crazily against my chest as if it will jump out any moment. My limbs trembling as I could see a devilish Hamdan smirking at me.

He's here as well.

Of course.

A fucking stalker.

"Make yourself at home, Hamdan, I'll get you my special hot chocolate," Rayyan's voice from the kitchen filled my ears and my eyes widened even more.

"What the hell are you doi—" I took a step towards Hamdan to confront him, but then suddenly a voice intruded mine.

"Hamdan bhai?" I turned around to see a shocked Sehmat gazing at her brother.

"How are you, Sehmi?" Hamdan opened his arms wide, and Sehmat rushed towards her brother and embraced him in a hug.

"I'm good, and you? And what brings you here? You literally forgot you even have a sister! Don't talk to me," she started throwing tantrums while Hamdan made excuses.

"I'm very busy with my work there in New York, so I don't get time to even call you, Arsal or Mehran, neither Mama nor Baba," he says.

"Real busy in fucking my mental health, I know right," I mumble while rolling my eyes.

"Did you say something?" Hamdan asks nonchalantly, but I know he's being a pain in the ass. I swiftly shook my head as no.

"You're Rania, right? Rayyan's sister ! I heard that you live in New York too. We never crossed paths there, but here we do. How've you been? Last time we met was at the brunch, as far as I remember?"

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened at his act of pretending he just didn't shift to New York because of me.

He just didn't take a job in the same uni as mine and just didn't buy an apartment just above mine.

My jaw clenched at his annoying tricks.

"Hi! We meet again. I'm doing great, but what are you doing here?" I asked, faking a smile so wide as if my cheeks would tear.

"Yes bhai! How are you back in Canada after so long?" Sehmat asked too, making Hamdan clear his throat for a moment.

" I have some work here for a few days, or maybe even a month I'm not sure" he says while gazing at me and then at my suitcase.

This fucker.

"Sehmat? Where were you?" Rayyan walked in with two cups of hot chocolate.

" actually I-" she was cut off when rayyan gazed at me.

"Rania?" He whispered shocked.

" actually rania is here to stay for a few weeks she said because she's got leave from the uni and that she misses you" sehmat says to rayyan and his eyes softens.