23 : The Decoy

─•─────•─────•─────•─────•─

The day of their planned operation dawned ominously, the sky overcast with clouds that seemed to mirror the tension hanging over Jungkook and Taehyung. They gathered with their team in the warehouse, the atmosphere charged with anticipation and a hint of anxiety.

Jungkook paced back and forth, mentally preparing for what was to come. The plan was risky, but they had confidence in their strategy. They were about to execute a decoy operation designed to lure Seokjin out of hiding. It was a calculated risk, one that could either lead to their victory or set them back significantly.

“Alright, everyone,” Taehyung called, drawing everyone’s attention. He stood at the front of the group, exuding confidence as he laid out the details of their plan. “Today, we’re going to create a diversion. Jungkook and I will handle the decoy, while the rest of you prepare to move in for the real attack.”

Jungkook felt his heart race as Taehyung’s words sunk in. The weight of responsibility rested heavily on their shoulders, but he felt a surge of adrenaline. They had trained for this moment, and they were ready.

“We need to make it look convincing,” Jimin chimed in, his brows furrowed in concentration. “If Seokjin suspects anything, he won’t take the bait.”

Hoseok nodded in agreement. “We can rig some supplies to make it look like we’re preparing for a major shipment. The more authentic it looks, the better our chances.”

As they discussed the logistics, Jungkook felt a mix of excitement and apprehension. He was acutely aware of how important this moment was, not just for their fight against Seokjin but for him and Taehyung as well. They were not just partners in crime but partners in life, and today would test their bond in ways they had never imagined.

As they finalized their plans, Taehyung stepped closer to Jungkook, lowering his voice so only he could hear. “Are you ready for this?”

Jungkook met his gaze, determination shining in his eyes. “I’m ready. We’ll do this together, right?”

“Always,” Taehyung replied, squeezing Jungkook’s shoulder reassuringly. “Just stick to the plan. I’ll be right there with you.”

With a nod, Jungkook felt a sense of calm wash over him. They had each other’s backs, and that was what mattered most.

They set to work, gathering supplies and preparing the decoy. The warehouse buzzed with activity as they set everything in place. The team worked efficiently, driven by the shared goal of bringing down Seokjin and ending his reign of terror.

As the hours passed, the tension in the air grew thicker. They were about to put their lives on the line, and the reality of the situation was not lost on Jungkook. He stole glances at Taehyung, who remained focused and composed, his eyes scanning the area, as if assessing every possible outcome.

“Hey,” Jungkook said quietly, catching Taehyung’s attention. “No matter what happens, I’m glad we’re doing this together.”

Taehyung smiled, a mix of warmth and reassurance. “Me too. We’ve come so far, and I won’t let anything happen to you. I promise.”

With their plan in motion, they set up the decoy—a makeshift shipment of supplies that would draw Seokjin’s attention. They rigged it to look as though it was an important delivery, one that would be too tempting for Seokjin to resist. As the sun began to set, they took their positions, hidden from view but within reach of their escape plan.

The atmosphere grew electric with anticipation. Jungkook’s heart raced as they waited, every minute feeling like an eternity. The shadows stretched around them, and the tension in the air was palpable.