|31| truth

Leona's pov

"You know, every time I see a bird flying high in the sky, I can't help but feel a pang of envy. They seem so free, so unfettered by the bonds that bind us. It's like they can go anywhere they want, without a care in the world. But we, we're stuck down here, weighed down by responsibilities and obligations and fear. I guess it just doesn't seem fair, you know?"

Liam eyes softened as he gazed at me, "we will fly like them one day" he said hugging me tightly, the temperature had dropped down, here in the cells there was no source of heat other than each other's bodies, "when?" I asked tears threatening to spill but I didn't let me.

"Someday" he replied "You can cry as much as you want darling, he's not here" I wiped my tears shaking my head "No," I said.

"It's going to be okay. You may not have wings, but you have the strength and determination to get through anything. You're not alone."

My eyes snapped open but quickly closed as the light gave me a terrible headache, "lower the lightning" I heard someone say along with some hushed voices.

I blinked adjusting to the light, I jumped a little seeing many heads staring back at me, "hi sweetheart" Aunt said softly kissing my head, I looked around and saw I was in Lily's lap in the living room.

I could've sworn I was in my room when I passed out how did I end up here? As if reading my mind Lily spoke, "You were sleepwalking" My eyes widened as I pushed myself up getting protest from my head and ankle.

"Holy shit," I said looking around at all the smiling people, "yeah holy shit, you looked like a wild animal," Reese said covering his mouth, "you broke my arm," Caspian whined holding his arm to his chest, if he trying to make me feel guilty it wasn't working.

I instantly turned away from him towards Pierce who stood beside Orlando, my eyes widened "What the fuck is he doing here?" I asked, Pierce smiled at me amused "What! Am I not welcomed?" he raised a brow smirking, "fuck no, not when god knows what the fuck I did when sleepwalking" I replied making the others chuckle.

"Ladies and gentlemen the old Leona Roman is back," Dexter said teasingly as he flicked my head, I immediately bit his finger, and he smacked my head and I opend my mouth freeing his finger.

"What are you a dog," he said rubbing his thumb, I took a nearby shoe and threw it at his head as he started barking at me, "shut up," I said, I got up from the couch and started heading towards the door, but stopped when Roland called me.

"I need to talk to you," he said I turned around eyes narrowing, did I do something wrong? It had to be what I did at school it's impossible that I could have caused another distraction while I was sleepwalking, I usually become mad and talk to myself every time I have one of those.

"No thanks," I said about to turn around but stopped as Roland narrowed his eyes at me, "only for a brief second" It almost sounded like he was begging, I mentally patted my head as it seemed I did something while asleep walking that caused this reacting out of my stone of a brother.

"For the love of god she's not five just tell her," Orlando says "Who the fuck is Logan, and who faulted you" My heart dropped and my eyes widened, how did he know about Logan, did I mention him?.

His lips tilted as he saw my reaction, wasn't it for the hot guy beside him I would snapped his neck, I took a deep breath trying to calm down before I burned this house down with them in it.

"How do you know about Logan?" I asked staring at Roland knowing if I needed a polite formal answer he was the only one to give it to me, "can we talk in my office please" he asked his eyes softening, why bother in his office since it seemed like the whole world already knows.