❤️❤️prologue❤️❤️

Elena's POV:

It was late. Midnight to be exact.

I lay on my bed like any other typical teenage girl and scroll through Facebook, watching as my feed gets spammed full of girls doing the same stupid pose over and over again. Comments filled the pictures saying, "gorgeous" and "beautiful." I honestly don't see the beauty here. Maybe it's just me.

I was home alone, free to do whatever I wanted to. My parents had gone out to a romantic moonlit dinner and wouldn't be back until morning so it was just me and my cat, Max.

"Maxy," I whispered as the old gray cat sprang onto my bed, curling up into a small ball and falling asleep. I heaved a sigh, watching as the cute little thing slept peacefully, dreaming of mice and other delicacies in the cat world.

I just my life could be quiet like a cat's.

As I scrolled through Tumblr, moving on from the addiction of Facebook, my phone lit up and sang "Glad You Came" by The Wanted. I couldn't get enough of that song, letting the phone ring for a while before picking it up.

"The sun goes down."

"The stars come out."

"And all that counts is here and now, my universe will never be the same."

"I'm glad you came."

I tapped "accept" with my thumb and held the device up to my ear before saying, "Hello?"

"Hello? Yes, this is the Main Street hospital. Your parents have been sent to the emergency room after an accident. Please come right away. Thank you."

My eyes were as wide as saucers as I dropped the phone. Tears welled up in my eyes and I cringed at the thought of my poor, dear parents being rushed to the emergency room. I forgot everything for a second, sobbing into my pillow. My cat clawed at my ears, feeling panicked.

I stroked the beauty's gray fur, whispering soothing words into her ear. She soon fell asleep and I resumed my sobbing, trailing out of bed while grabbing my brown leather purse. I started the black SUV, reversing into the street and switching gears to drive.

While I drove, I thought to myself, why me? And why them? What could have possibly went wrong? They were the most responsible people I knew. They never drank, smoked, or done drugs. They were sweet, fun-loving parents.

It couldn't have been their fault. It couldn't have been...

❤️❤️❤️

Harry's POV:

"Lads, we have something to discuss," Simon said, gathering us into the living room. Uh, oh. When Simon calls a band meeting, we know it isn't good.

I looked around at the boys, all looking guilty and worried. What had we done this time? We hadn't had a concert for ages  so we couldn't have screwed up there.

"I just got off the phone with a hospital," Simon said, rubbing his temples, obviously agitated. "They said that my sister is in the hospital. Her daughter, Elena, has nowhere else to go, so she is staying here for a while."

"So...basically there's a girl joining the group?" Zayn asked, running a hand through his dark hair.

Simon sighed, frustrated. "Not really. She isn't singing with you is she?" He spat.

Zayn shook his head frantically, looking at the others for help.

Elena, I thought. What a beautiful and unique name.

I then smirked and the lads knew what I was thinking.

Elena was going to have a good time here.

❤️❤️❤️

Elena's POV:

"I hate my life," I growled as I walked through the dim-lit hallways of the hospital. "I hate it! I want to die! I don't want to live anymore!"

Nurses stared at me as I had my meltdown, opening the door to my parent's room. I heaved a sigh before entering, trying not to appear upset.

I couldn't help but bawl as my parents lay lifeless in their chairs. "Are they dead?" I asked frantically.

The nurse nodded sadly. "They passed away before you got here," she whispered. "I am so sorry..."

A doctor burst into the room out of nowhere, ruining our silence as he said, "Miss Elena, your uncle is here to pick you up."

I nodded, kissing my parent's cold flesh before I went.

There my uncle was, sitting in the waiting room, looking almost as upset as me. I couldn't tell whether it was because he had to deal with me for the longest of time or because his sister had just died, because he didn't say a word, just gestured to his long, black limousine.

I gasped at how shiny and fancy it looked. I climbed into the back seat that was filled with boys about my age, if not older.

"Hello," I said in a whisper that was barely audible over the pop music that blasted over the loudspeakers.

I noted that there were five of them. One had blonde hair, one had curly hair, one had dark hair with a blonde streak through it, one had brown hair, and another wore suspenders.

"Hi," the one with brown hair said. "My name is Liam. Over there is Niall, Harry, Zayn, and Louis."

They all said hi in unison, except for Louis. Louis just frowned.

"Louis," Liam warned. "Say hello to the nice lady."

"Why is she so sad?" Louis asked, pouting. "I don't like when people are sad."

"Louis!" Harry nearly shouted, throwing his hands up. "Her parents just died! Why wouldn't she be sad?"

Louis heaved a sigh, dropping the silly act. "I'm sorry," he said. "Hi, I'm Louis. You must be Elena."

I nodded, smiling as Louis leaned in for a hug. I hugged him back tightly. This was the first hug I'd received since my parents died.

It felt warm and friendly, but it didn't feel quite right.

"Boys and Elena," Simon announced, pulling up to a big mansion. "Welcome home."

❤️❤️❤️

YESS!!! This took forever, god dammit.