𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

────── ⋆☆⋆ ─────────────── ⋆☆⋆ ────────────────────── ⋆☆⋆ ──────

home

Hyejin opened the door to her apartment and kicked off her shoes, letting the familiar scent of home wash over her. The air was filled with the comforting aroma of her mother's cooking that lingered from earlier in the day, reminding her of warm family dinners and laughter. She kept the plastic bag beside her on the surface of the shoe rack, pushing her shoes inside with her foot. After a quick glance around to ensure everything was in order, she grabbed the bag and took it into the kitchen. The countertop was cluttered, but it felt like home.

Setting the bag down, she rummaged through it, pulling out the ingredients for her favorite ramen. It was her go-to meal after long days at school, something she could whip up quickly. As she moved about the kitchen, she felt a wave of relief wash over her, knowing she could finally relax and unwind after a busy day.

She walked into her room, ready to swap out her outdoor wear for something more comfortable. Pulling off her clothes, she slipped into her favorite pajamas—soft and cozy, perfect for unwinding after a long day. The fabric felt soothing against her skin, a stark contrast to the tight jeans and shirt she had worn to school. As she tied up her hair into a bun, her phone rang, startling her out of her thoughts. Shaking off the surprise, she reached for it and saw a notification flash across her screen.

7:20 PM ʟᴇᴇ ʜᴇᴇꜱᴇᴜɴɢ sent you ₩1,000

Her brow furrowed in confusion. What did Heeseung need to send her money for? But before she could think much of it, another notification popped up.

7:21 PM 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐡𝐡 𝐤𝐢𝐝 Thank you for accepting. here's your money.

A smile crept onto Hyejin's face. Typical Heeseung. Always looking out for her, even if it was just sending some cash. He was like a big brother, even though they weren't related by blood. She loved that about him—his thoughtfulness, his willingness to help whenever he could.

With a small chuckle, she set her phone down and headed to the kitchen. As the water boiled for her ramen, she started to think about the party Heeseung was throwing at his dorm. A mix of excitement and nervousness bubbled inside her. What would it be like? She hadn't been to many parties, especially not ones hosted by her brother and filled with his friends.

school

The next day at school was another normal day for the two best friends. Hyejin and Hana walked through the mass of bustling students, their laughter mixing with the chatter around them. They reached their lockers, the sound of metal clanging as they opened them and began sorting through the mess inside.

"So, um, Heeseung invited me to his party," Hyejin said uncertainly, trying to gauge Hana's reaction.

"Did he? When?" Hana looked up, a curious glint in her eyes, as she rifled through the chaos of books, pens, and old notes in her locker.