Chapter 2

❃Chapter 2 ❃

Kelly

Kelly walked through the halls, leaving the group.

The sky was beautiful outside, and the sun was as bright as normal, such a wonderful day to be having this happen.

She yawned, sliding her hand across the edges of the wall, as she watched the train go into a small tunnel.

She saw a small bite of light from outside the tunnel when the robots started to roll and give everyone black bags.

Quickly Kelly looked out the window, too see a large crater, filled with trees and different biomes.

She rushed to open the back to see snacks and... a parachute. She quickly grabbed the bag and placed the parachute on.

"Of course- this would be an easy way to get rid of the weak ones but, really waste all these bots. " she thought, going to the end of the cart, and sliding open the door.

As she heard the yells and screams of the others as the front of the front of the train started to hurl towards the ground.

She jumped onto the bars of the train's sides, unstable as she reached for the roof.

She tried to climb it as fast as possible but the unstableness of the train made her leg get caught on a pipe.

She grabbed the roof, pulling herself up, leg pant ripping off.

She gathered the bag, and pulled everything close, she was inches from the edge of the cliff, "I need to jump before it starts to get angled. " she thought, gathering up the strength to jump.

She jumped, barely seconds from the end of the train.

She unhooked her parachute, when she started to hurl towards the ground. Her breath hurried, heartbeat going as fast as the train, when a large sound wave hit the world, wind throwing Kelly off balance, She quickly grabbed onto the parachute.

She looked back, she knew half the kids would get whipped out by that.

She truly did hope, it wasn't one of her... friends.. who fell.

Her eyes turned towards the ground, she was inches from a tree which she could have easily landed on but she abandoned the idea after seeing a small pond of water which would catch her fall.

The edge of the parachute got stuck in a branch of a tree that started an inch away from the pond.

"Agh.." she quickly grabbed at the parachute, knowing there was only one other option she swung her body and cut it.

She fell hard, hitting the edge of the water.

She couldn't see anything but the small colored particles that swam around her eyelids. She swam upwards, not knowing how far from the top she was.
She finally hit the roof of the water, her heart was beating and her breaths were slowed.

Her body was extremely weak, But with her remaining strength she pulled her body onto the small slab of sand, and turned to face the sun.

"Where did the bag go?" she huffed, pulling herself up quickly, her body weak but she tried to remain strong.

She looked around to realize the bag was stuck in a lower branch of the tree, easier to reach if she could climb.

Soaking wet, she grabbed a lower hanging string which was attached to the parachute, and climbed up.

With a small bit of strength, she grabbed the bag, and fell backwards on her back, she layed on her back behind the tree, watching the fire which burned around the train.