Hell of a week

Saanvi’s pov

“It has been a week, Saanvi. Why are you being so stubborn? Can't you see that your father did that just for you, for your own good” I closed my eyes to calm myself down at her, my mother's words.

“Why are you here?” I asked plainly. She sat down on the bed, while I was sitting on my study chair and doing my holiday homework.

You probably think I am weirdo to do it so early, when I have a whole two months to complete it. And students usually start it in the last week. But I guess I am weird. Because I think we should complete it in the beginning so that we don't have much tension on the last days of vacation and can just do our usual work.

But okay, everyone has different views, and this is mine. And the first subject I chose was…Maths.

I was avoiding interacting much with both of them unless it was very important. I only talked to Ishu and Yuvaan. I didn't even walk out of the room for two days, since that day. I just walked out to go to tuition. Ishu was kind enough to bring my food to the room.

And it was hell this week. There were constant scoldings, mockings and yelling from my parents. My father even barged into my room one night because I didn't go out to have dinner. And he lashed out on me.

But I stood on my ground and kept avoiding them. Not ignoring them or neglecting them, but yes, avoiding having long talks with them like I usually did.

And no, I didn't break my friendship with Rahul, nor will I in future. But I didn't tell him and Shruti about all the drama that happened. I didn't want them to worry about me. I know I should tell them, but I won't. This is my matter and I won't involve them in this. I will surely tell them but not now.

I was minding my own business here, not even doing anything to trigger them, but of course she had to come in the room to give ‘a piece of advice’

“Ye tera kya drama chal raha hai, hn? Why are you doing this? For a boy? Saanvi you can do better than this. Bachpan se tu sabse zyada understanding thi…par ab kya ho gya tujhe? Tu kyu nahi samajh rahi ki hum humesha tera accha hi sochenge” Although her tone seemed calm, I could feel her frustration behind her words.
(What is all this drama going on?....From childhood, you were the most understanding…but what happened to you now? Why do you not understand that we will always think good for you)

“For my good? Expecting me to adjust every time, asking no-ordering me to break friendship with my friend when you know I don't make friends easily. Aj Rahul h…kal shruti se bhi dosti todne ko kahoge”
(... It's Rahul today…tomorrow you will ask me to break friendship with Shruti as well)

“Beta tu samajh nahi rahi hai…har ladka acha nahi hota. Bahar duniya m rakhshason ki kami nahi hai. Kab kya ho jaye…kiske intentions kab badal jaaye…kuch predict nhi kr skte”
(You don't get it, beta…not every boy is nice. This world doesn't lack devils. What might happen…when can one's intentions change…we can't predict anything)

I let out a chuckle. Out of everyone she is telling this to me? Me…who has already learnt that this world is not a fairytale.

Looking at her, “Believe me Ma, I know it better. Not only outside, even Ghar ke andar bhi kab kya ho jaaye, kiske intentions kab badal jaaye…kuch nahi pta. I know that”
(Even inside our home, what will happen, when will one's intentions change…we don't know)

She got silent at that sentence. But the silence was broken by papa calling for her. She immediately got up and went outside. She is scolding me for not understanding them, but what have they done to understand me?

“I am going” I heard a faint voice of him in the room. He was going for a company tour. I don't know where but from what I know it will at least take one month for him to come back. I didn't go out to see him, I don't want to. Lowering my head, I again started doing my work hoping it would help me get my mind off everything.