⒋𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓 ⋆

DHARVI'S POV :

I got dressed wearing a beige sundress which was slightly below my knees.

My aunt, Mrs. Ramya Goel, came up to me as soon as I went downstairs.I greeted her,good morning.

"Dharu, Come and sit for the breakfast." She smiled.
Since I arrived, we have not had much conversation.She used to listen intently to my blabbering when I was a child, so I used to talk to her about everything.

"Yes,Chachi." I greeted my dadi and uncle as well.

"Ma, how wonderful it is to have our oldest daughter here." He stated looking at my dadi's direction.

I could not help but wonder: Was I truly missed that much? Maybe I should've came sooner. Regrets consumed my brain remembering the time I spent abroad, alone in that big apartment, it was luxurious and peaceful or I thought so,it couldn't fill the void in my heart.

I greeted the elders of Ahuja family as well. I respected them. Even though I do not recall much about them, they were there in some of my earlier recollections.

I slided on a chair and soon other people joined.Just as I was finishing up my breakfast,
"Mom, dekho unke aakhe are like mine."A child spoke and I assumed it as of Avyan as he was the only kid present on the table.
[ look her eyes are like mine ]

However, eye colour.I peeked at him and he was pointing at me.

"You share the same eye color with her because she is your sister, Avyu." My dadi, who had him on her lap, spoke while gently pinching his cheeks.

"Ah, Dharvi Di? I heard about her from my parents. She returned!" After a moment of confusion, he finished his sentence with a broad smile.

Dadi nodded and glanced at me.

I shifted my gaze but it fell on him,meeting his.God, why do we look each other in the eyes so often?It is more embarrassing than uncomfortable.

I looked away and got up from my chair.

"Come with me, Dharu." Dadi remarked as she stood up.As she strode to her room, I followed.

She opened her cupboard, giving me a wooden box, it was beautifully carved.My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I took it.

"Gift from your Dadu."She answered noticing my confusion.

Dadu's words snapped in back of my mind, he mentioned that a gift which was supposedly mine was with dadi.

I opened it right away.A small red coloured box along with a letter and a photograph was present in it.Dadi gripped my wrist making me sit on her bed and she sat beside me.

After unfolding the letter, I began to read it.

Dharu,

I don't know if you came to meet me or not in my last moments but if you are reading this then maybe we met or maybe we didn't. Its okay anyways , I am
happy you are there , in your home now.Dharu, sorry for being an incapable person. I couldn't't fix things for you and couldn't give you the happiness and care you deserved from your close people. But now that you are back, stay there gudi and accompany my wife she must be sad that I left right ?

Stop living in regret and guilt okay ? I know it's hard but move on,try. Past shouldn't be a hindrance to our future ahead.

Take it as my step to mend everything for you,ofcourse its upto you that if you want to or not.
Marry in Ahuja family. Neev is good kid Dharu, he has always been a sweet person as I have watched him growing up for all these years. He will keep you happy. He may heal you ,I hope he does. I am not forcing you but take your time in thinking about this.