Chapter One: Routine

I have spent my entire life here. Waking up every morning at 6:00 AM on the dot. We trail into the kitchen, eat our flavorless oatmeal, and leave at 6:30 AM.

We then go to where ever our D-Chip tells us to go. I go to the battle arena after breakfast.

Wait, have I introduced myself yet? No? Sorry. My name is Sapphire. I don't have a last name. I'm a Progammed. I've spent my entire life training, learning, and testing. Why? You may ask. Well, I don't know. All I know is that I'm not entirely human. Onto my routine.

After I go to the battle arena, I go to magic training. This is my strongest subject.

Then, I have lunch. Tasteless mystery meat. I'm not even sure it's meat.

After lunch, I have to go to the screen room. The screen room has screens for the walls. I use this for mission control training. I spend the rest of the day here.

Mistress says I don't have the smarts or the strength for outdoor missions. So I'm stuck in mission control. Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be Mistress's favorite. Aimee knows the answer to that. Mistress loves her.

Aimee is my best friend, and she is the only one like me, we have personality. She can hide it very well, I can't. Mistress threatens me. She says she will take my chip out. That means I'll die.

I have a microchip embedded in my neck. It helps me live. Mistress tell me that without it, I would be a worthless nobody. Then she tells me it would be an upgrade from my current self. Then she hits me.

Mistress is a tall woman. She is fit and smart. She feeds me and clothes me. In all she isn't that mean. I wonder if it's my programming telling me that. The only other adult female I know is Mother Amelia. She kept me when I was growing up. I stayed with her until I was nine.

Then, I came here, the training house. It's a fitting name. All we do is train. I can never catch a break. Mistress has me on 'probation'. Whatever that means. I don't get rest periods like the other Progammed. Every time I ask for it, she tells says,"With your stupidity, I should have you in lockdown training. You would have no one to communicate with. I don't want you sullying my gems. You are a worthless being, but Aimee likes you. What she see's in your worthless self I will never know." Then she mumbles something she doesn't know that I can hear. Worthless good for nothing sloth. Sometimes Mistress hurts my feelings, but she doesn't need to know I have any.

____________________________________
A/N:Hello, thank y'all for reading this! This is my first, I guess you could say, sci-fi book. Any ways, I want to credit my friend hayyyyyyyyyyyyy. She helped me come up with this idea.