Chapter Six: Mr. President

I love you. The words echo through my head. I look at him wide eyed. Hugs me with a tight grip. I almost can't breath. "Breath! Please!" I wheeze.

"Oops! Sorry." he says.

"Guess it's time to speak with Mr. President," I moan. Aukland turns the doorknob. Slowly, I walk to the phone. It's an old timeish looking phone, but it is way more advanced than the latest e-phone 5000 Picking out up the device, I put it to my ear. "H-hello, Mr. President. This is Sapphire."

The voice of William Thomas Paulson flows through the phone. "Hello, Sapphire. Please call me Bill. So, what is so special about you?"

"Mr. Pres- Bill, I uh, um, well..." I glanced over at Aukland.

'Tell him about the whole magic thing,' he mouths.

"I am the highest ranking in my magic class. I am fairly decent in martial arts. I am the second highest ranking in tec," I state.

"Really? Huh? I guess this whole organization is not a waste of money," Bill thinks aloud. "Hey, is Ophelia treating you well?" All of my memory is searching for reference to the name 'Ophelia'. The only match I find is from "Hamlet".

"Sir, who is Ophelia?"

"Oh right! You call her Mistress."

'Should I tell him about Mistress?' I mouth.

Aukland shakes his head ferociously.

"Yes sir, Mistress is treating all of us Programmed very nicely," I lie.

"That's wonderful!" Mr. President exclaims. I carry on a conversation with him for quite a while. We talk about just random things such as life in Training and how America is on the brink of war with Libya.

"Sapphire, I was wondering, would you like to be my personal escort around the Training house?" said the president.

I was just flabbergasted at his comment," R-really? Sure, I mean, yes sir."

"Great, I will be there sometime soon."