You Coming With?

It was a rainy October day, same as usual. There was nothing to see outside, since our diner wasn't even in town. I was just at work when these two really hot guys walked in. My mom pointed a gun at them. They put their hands up. They were both my age, in their 20s,  and really gorgeous.

One of them was shorter than other, but still 6-foot something. He had the whole bad boy thing down!  He wore a leather jacket with a t-shirt and flannel underneath, and his jeans fit him perfectly. He had short brown hair and shall we say, prominent, lips for a guy. But his eyes...his green eyes sparkled even staring down the barrel of a gun. I could tell he'd done it before. 

The taller of the two was, well, tall. It was hard to look past that at first. I thought of so many "how's the weather up there?" jokes. But he was gorgeous too, with tan skin and sparkly brown eyes. 

"Okay, we don't wanna hurt you," the taller one said, his hands up. "Just put down the gun and let us explain." 

"Who are you?" I asked despite myself. I knew I was supposed to be quiet, but they seemed far more normal than anyone else who ever came in. I wasn't scared for my life or anything. My mom scowled at me over her shoulder. 

"Sam and Dean Winchester," the tall one said.  

"Oh. Winchester," my mom said. She lowered the gun with a guilty look. "Sorry. Can't be too careful...no thanks to you two." 

"I get it," Sam said. He stepped forward and shook my mom's hand. "Sam. And this is my brother, Dean, but I think you already know that?" 

"I do. I knew your father. Guess the cat's outta the bag." 

"Why was it a secret?" I asked. 

"Jo--" Mom snapped. "Make yourself useful or go upstairs. I need to talk to the boys here." 

"She can stay," Dean said.

Mom looked at me, daring me to make a choice. 

"I wanna stay. I won't interrupt. I'll just be your waitress." 

"No, sit," Dean said in a 'don't-be-ridiculous' kind of tone. 

"What gives you the right to talk to her like that?" Mom snapped.

"Sorry, ma'am," Dean said. 

"Alright, Jo. You can stay. Just get us some beers first?" Mom asked. "And don't interrupt." 

I went and got the beers. Dean followed me to the bar while Sam kept trying to break the ice with Mom. 

"So, Jo, how's a girl like you end up here?" 

I blushed and laughed embarrasedly. "Uhh, put it this way, I'm just not a sorority girl." 

"That's a good thing," Dean said, smirking. I couldn't help but check him out. He was so hot, and he knew it too. But for some reason, it didn't bother me and I just went with it.  We laughed. 

"Yeah," I laughed. "But living here, not so much." 

"You got your mom, that's good, right?" Dean asked. Somehow I felt like we'd known each other already and I was talking to a friend. 

"Yeah, it's fine. I like her. It's just...I don't want this to be it  for me, you know?"

"It doesn't have to be."

"Easy for you to say," I said, shaking my head.  I didn't mean to be harsh. I just couldn't try and explain how hard it was in college, in the real world. I couldn't do it, I couldn't be 'normal' enough if I tried. And I did.  I was glad when my mom called out for me to bring the beers.