Chapter 4

AN: Song above Love somebody by Maroon 5. Cause she don't want things to change but still wants someone to love

Mates

He let out a low growl at being pushed away. My eyes locked on his again and I realized that they've changed into a dark forest green, and when male wolves eyes darken it can only mean two things. Lust or anger. And right now I'm guessing that he's feeling a little of both.

"Why did you do that." He questioned in a low voice, getting close to me again.

"In case you've forgotten I've know you for all of five minutes and you might be my mate but I'm not going to let some stranger mark me." I say stubbornly, having more control when he isn't touching me.

"I will not have you walking around unmarked, letting other guys thinking your free." He said possessively.

Okay so I have to admit that as annoying it is, him being a possessive wolf, is also very sexy. Wait, why am I thinking about that right now? I was suppose to be pissed.

"I don't care. Like I said before, some stranger isn't going to mark me. So move on pal." I said glaring at him

When his eyes didn't grow lighter I knew he wasn't going to back down but neither was I. That was my first kiss, I wasn't gonna let him mark me two seconds later, that was moving way to fast. Goddess, guys and there inability to control themselves. It was annoying as hell sometimes.Wait no let me rephrase that, all the time.

"C'mon, we should head back, they'll start worrying about us" I say feeling a little less dizzy then before. That kiss kinda sobered me up, but I was still fairly drunk.

I didn't want to argue about it. If I hadn't been drunk silly (or overly confident in my case) I probably would have ran the second I realized he was my mate. But I had to admit that all that cheesy stuff I heard about having a mate, like feeling complete, is true, my soul did feel complete. I was at war with myself, and I don't mean with my wolf. I mean tomorrow, being with Raymond could take away everything from me and I could hate it, but I really did love the feeling his touch gave me. I was addicting. Urge, why am I feeling these things for a stranger.

"Fine" he grumbled in defeat but wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his side.

He seemed to relax a bit with me at his side but was still very tense. We didn't have to walk very far because our group had moved back over to the tables. When Sadie saw me, she gave me a questioning look. 'Possessive mate' I mouthed and after a moment realization dawned on her face. She looked a bit shocked but then grinned at me like she was trying not to laugh. We came to a stop in front of them, but neither of us said anything. I saw James' eyes gloss over and guessed that Raymond was mind linking him. Understanding dawned in his face, just as it had for Sadie, as his eyes came back to normal.

"Wait. What's going on?" Chris asked, the only one not catching on.

Sadie elbowed him but I shook my head at her.

"It's fine. Um, Raymond is my, uh,"

"Her mate." Raymond finished for me.

I was kinda glad that he said it so I didn't have to out loud. I wasn't ready to say it out loud even if he already has. I think Chris was the only one that looked shocked which caused Sadie to finally laugh.

"So does that mean you don't a ride home anymore?" Sadie asked, changing the topic slightly.

Before I could answer Raymond spoke up again, "No. I can handle that."

I move my hand to the small of his back, trying to calm him down, as his grip on me tightened. I didn't know how but I knew that if he was tensing up my simple touch could fix that. He seemed  to relax a bit more again just like I knew he would. God, he was so uptight, but I guess that comes with the territory of being raised by an alpha, being training to become an alpha. I smiled encouragingly, trying to let them know it's okay. I knew that Sadie was happy that I'd found my mate, but she was still concerned for me. Honestly, I was a little worried to, he still got on my nerves but I didn't want to make a scene, not tonight, and I could tell he wasn't going to let me out of his sight for a while. Raymond leaned close to my ear and said,