Prologue

Scarlet POV:

"It's almost my 16th birthday. It's coming in a few days. And I've just been diagnosed with cancer? No, no. This can't be happening." I say to myself. I have to stay in one of those hospital beds, and family members come see me. My mom, my dad, my brother. Then, my sister Janet walks in. "Hey, sis." she says. She has her little spell book in her hand. I've never seen it do anything, other than make random furniture float to the ceiling for a half-hour and drive Mom crazy. "I found a spell in here that you might like." she says. "I'm listening." I tell her. "It's an immortality spell. You'll be your current age forever. But it says that each time it's used, something random happens as a side-effect." she tells me. "I'd be immortal?" I ask. She nods. "You would be." she says. "I'd have to practice it a bit though." she adds. "It should be good by your birthday." she says. "Okay. That'll work." I tell her. She leaves and heads home with Mom and Dad.

On my birthday, Mom, Dad, and my brother come with presents. Then my sis comes in. She says her little spell, and suddenly, I feel better. But smaller. Like a kid. "Well, now we know what the side-effect is." she says. "Wait. Am I... a baby?" I say. "Yeah. It looks like your side-effect is that you get immortal, but your body gets stuck in an age loop from baby to 16." she says. The doctors take a few tests, and find I'm cured, and I get to go home.