Episode 9 - Unspoken Feelings

Morning Surprises

Yoon Ji-won woke up with the gentle rays of the sun peeking through her curtains

Yoon Ji-won woke up with the gentle rays of the sun peeking through her curtains. For once, the sound of rain had stopped, and the world outside felt fresh, like a new beginning. She stretches in bed, feeling a bit lighter than the days before. Perhaps, things are starting to look up.

As she gets ready for the day, she remembers Soo-hyun's offer to help her find a job. A soft smile creeps onto her face. Soo-hyun had been her constant support recently, always knowing when she needed someone by her side.

A Sweet Gesture

When Ji-won reaches the university, she finds Soo-hyun standing near the entrance, holding a bag of freshly baked pastries

When Ji-won reaches the university, she finds Soo-hyun standing near the entrance, holding a bag of freshly baked pastries. His usual warm smile greets her as she approaches.

"Hey, I thought you might need breakfast. You skipped it yesterday," Soo-hyun says, handing her the bag.

Ji-won takes it, eyes wide with surprise. "How did you know?"

Soo-hyun chuckles, "You had that 'I didn't eat anything' look on your face." His playful tone instantly makes Ji-won blush.

"Thank you," she whispers, feeling the warmth in her chest. She bites into one of the pastries, its sweetness lifting her spirits even more. "It's really good. You didn't have to, though."

"Of course, I did," he responds, teasing her. "Besides, you need energy for the day ahead!"

Study Sessions and Laughter

Later that day, the two meet up for a study session in the campus library. Ji-won tries her best to focus, but Soo-hyun's antics keep distracting her. Every few minutes, he makes a silly face or whispers something funny, making her stifle her laughter.

"How am I supposed to study when you're like this?" Ji-won asks, trying to hide her grin.

Soo-hyun leans back in his chair, pretending to be innocent. "I'm just making sure you're not too stressed. Laughter is the best medicine, right?"

Ji-won shakes her head, but the smile doesn't leave her face. "You're impossible."

"But I make you smile, don't I?" Soo-hyun asks, a playful glint in his eyes.

She rolls her eyes, though her heart skips a beat. "Yeah, I guess you do."

A Quiet Moment

As the day winds down, the two of them decide to take a walk around campus. The evening air is cool, and the sky is painted with shades of pink and orange. They walk side by side in comfortable silence, the sounds of the bustling city fading away.

Suddenly, Soo-hyun breaks the silence. "Ji-won, you know... you're really strong."

Ji-won looks at him, surprised by the seriousness in his voice. "Me? Strong?"

Soo-hyun nods. "Yeah. I know things have been tough, but you keep pushing through. It's really... inspiring."

Ji-won's heart flutters at his words. She had never thought of herself as strong before, but hearing it from him made her believe it, even if just for a moment.

"Thank you, Soo-hyun," she says softly, feeling a warmth spread through her chest.

A Playful Bet

As they continue walking, they pass a basketball court. Soo-hyun's eyes light up when he sees it, and a mischievous grin spreads across his face. "Hey, how about a quick game?"

Ji-won looks at him, wide-eyed. "Basketball? I've never played in my life!"

"Perfect," Soo-hyun laughs. "Then I'll win for sure. But... how about this? If you manage to score even one basket, I'll buy you dinner."

Ji-won raises an eyebrow. "And if I don't?"

"Then... you have to buy me dinner," Soo-hyun says, flashing her a teasing smile.

"Fine," Ji-won agrees, feeling competitive. "But don't blame me if I end up surprising you."

Endless Laughter

The two spend the next few minutes running around the court, with Soo-hyun effortlessly dribbling the ball while Ji-won tries her best to keep up. She misses shot after shot, but Soo-hyun is patient, giving her tips and cheering her on.

Finally, after what feels like the hundredth try, Ji-won shoots the ball... and it goes in!

She gasps in disbelief, her eyes wide. "Did I just...?"

Soo-hyun laughs, clapping his hands. "Looks like I owe you dinner now!"

Ji-won grins, feeling a rush of pride. "I guess you do."

A Quiet Goodbye

As the evening comes to an end, the two stand by the entrance of the campus, saying their goodbyes.

"Thanks for today," Ji-won says, her heart feeling full. "I had fun."

Soo-hyun smiles softly. "Me too. You're a natural at basketball, by the way. Maybe we should play again sometime."

Ji-won chuckles, "Only if there's food involved."

"Deal," Soo-hyun says, offering her a playful wink before turning to leave.

As Ji-won watches him walk away, a small smile tugs at her lips. For the first time in a while, things don't seem so heavy. She doesn't feel so alone.

Maybe, just maybe, things are starting to change.

[To be continued...]