𝟏.𝟎𝟏- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬

"Rory!"

"Rory!"

I hard my name being called from the kitchen. Well technically it was my nickname, my real name was Malory Vivian Ziegler. But friends and family call me Rory. Mommy gave me the nickname based off some television show she liked.

I asked her what the show once was and she said 'You can watch it when you're older, Rory'. I've gotten older since then and sadly I'm still not allowed to watch it.

Mommy had been the one who had called my name. I already know what she was going to tell me, what I had been dreading all day. It was time to go to dance.

I had been dancing ever since I was three. My older sister Madison started dancing at four and my younger sister Mackenzie started dancing at two. Out of all three of us Maddie liked dancing the most. In fact, Maddie loved dancing. Kenzie says she hates it but I don't believe that. I'm the most complicated on the matter.

I like dancing, I don't love it. I would much rather be playing American Girl dolls with my friends from school or my sisters. Today I did not want to go to dance because every time I went I was constantly being compared to Maddie and told how she was the front and center of it all. I wish our dance teacher, Miss Abby, would give me some recognition every once in a while.

Currently I was playing with my Saige American Girl doll. I thought her name was pretty. It's also one of my favorite colors right by pink, blue, and yellow. I was re-braiding Saige's hair. I had taken it out earlier so I needed to do it now.

Kenzie wasn't playing with me today. Well, she had been and we were talking. And of course she brought up the ever annoying topic of how she wanted to do karate instead of dance. Then she went downstairs to ask mommy if she could quit dance and do karate. She asked almost every day and the answer was always no.

Originally Kenzie and I weren't even meant to be on the documentary series. Oh yeah! Today we're going to start filming a six episode documentary series. It was very professional. There was six months of auditions and we had to sign a contract and everything. They wanted just mommy and Maddie to be on the film, but mommy convinced them to put Kenzie and I on it too. I don't know why though since neither one of us wanted to do it.

Plus it meant we were being pulled up from our normal age group. Normally Kenzie and I danced with the minis and petites. Now we would be dancing with the juniors.

I tied the clear elastic band around Saige's hair and it left a small indent on my finger from being wrapped around it too tight. Just then Maddie popped her head into my room.

"Are you ready for dance, Rory?" she asked me, only to see that I hadn't even changed let alone put on dance clothes. "Rory! Mom's going to kill you if we're late for filming!"