"Just smile." Si-Ha commands. Her hand wipes at Byeol's hair. She's taking birthday pictures and the girl is fighting hard.

   "Auntie! I have school." Her foot stomps on the ground softly as she whines. Her aunt shakes her head with a determined eye.

   "Then just smile." Byeol huffs loudly. She puts on a bright shining smile, and holds up a peace sign.  Her aunt squeals happily and snaps a few pictures before the young girl bends down and puts on her shoes.

   "I want you to have fun at school today! Are you eating dinner with Cheongsam-San, On-Jo, and Gyeong-Su?"

   "Ya. His mom messaged that they're trying a new recipe. Gyeong-Su said he has gifts too." So-Ha smiles as she watches her niece adoringly. Her long black hair slides down her school vest almost perfectly. Her face, having grown into everything, is serene as she has no worries.

The young girl stands up fully and steps to the woman. She wraps her arms around her neck tightly. She smiles she pulling away, as a knock sounds on the door.

She quickly picks her bag up and walks out the door. Cheong-San is smiling at her as soon as the door is open. The boy gives her a present that she quickly puts in her back pack. She smiles back and walks to On-Jo's door.

As they wait for her to come out they play rock-paper-scissors. Byeol wins with a triumphant shout as On-Jo walks out. Cheong-San trudges up to the girl and they begin their own game. Byeol holds her bag in her hand ready to give it to the loser.

"You gopher! Here," On-Jo says as she wins. The girls hand him their bags and skip to the elevator. Cheong-San opens his mouth to say something, but decides to just shoulder the bags and smiles as he follows the girls.

When they're all in the elevator Byeol hits their destination floor, but it takes a short pause to let a few other people on. Byeol shares a look with her friends before clasping her hands together.

"Now that I've gathered you all here, you should listen carefully. The apartment is a home to us all." She pauses for effect, and her friends hide their faces. "So I thank you neighbors, for all your hard work and dedication to it. It's not only my birthday but the celebration of this beautiful building."

The adults smile, and shake their heads at her as she bows. The elevator door opens and she walks out giggling with her friends. On-Jo smacks her arm lightly with a smile.

"You're crazy, Byeol." The girl gives a big smile.

"Only for you." On-Jo blushes and smack Byeols arm once more before they start racing to the school. Cheong-San walks slower because of the bags but is smiling nonetheless.

The girls lightly push each other as they race, but they giggle and laugh the whole time. They pause occasionally for Cheong-San to catch up, but once they have only two minutes before they get detention the girls don't look back. They run through the streets and make it just in time. Cheong-San, luckily, makes it too.

"Here." He breathes heavily as he throws them their back packs. The three meeting up with Gyeong-Su by the entrance doors. The boy runs up to them happily and throws his arms around Byeol.

"Happy birthday!" Byeol smiles and hugs him back tightly. "You're still hanging with us after school right?" Byeol watches as On-Jo walks away with
I-Sak.

Cheong-San is rummaging through his bag and doesn't hear either, but she nods to her friends their friends question.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss hanging out with you guys for anything." He smiles at her and says another happy birthday with a hug. Cheong-San looks up .