CHAPTER 01

"Don't you feel super stuffy with the blazer on, Hyemun?"

"Of course she's stuffy. She's just keeping up her reputation, right? Just in case Heeseung saw you violating the dress code and snitched like the b*tch he is." Said Jihoon. Hyemun sighed and said, "Spot on, Jihoon."

Their uniforms:

Hyemun and her friends were sitting under the old oak tree by the pond at their school courtyard

Hyemun and her friends were sitting under the old oak tree by the pond at their school courtyard. They were unwinding before their next lesson, Biology. Hyemun's least favourite subject.

"You know, guys, I think I might quit chemistry." Raewon said, sulkily. "Yeah, cause you sleep seventy percent of the time and fail every test." Hyemun snapped back. Kang Raewon always found a way to get on her nerves. "Honestly, Rae, I don't care. Do whatever the f*ck you want." Jihoon said in an airy voice. Raewon gasped. "So, you don't care if I fail?"

"To be honest, I don't."

"Well, I-"

"OMG! You two are so annoying! Can you stop bickering for one second?" Hyemun yelled, exasperated.

The argument was left out for the moment but was bound to resurface very soon. Raewon leaned against the tree and dozed off leaving Jihoon and Hyemun to do whatever they pleased Jihoon decided to start her leisure activity of daydreaming while Hyemun took out her sketchbook to draw. It was peaceful and quiet. Until....

"That's still a foul, Riki! A literal yellow card!" They heard Jaehyun yell. "But-" "Oh my god! Shut up! I will not hesitate to stick my fist into your mouth!" They heard Heeseung's voice which sounded exasperated. Hyemun adjusted her posture into something more upright. "Jungwon! He's threatening me!" "Shut up, Riki. You're annoying everyone."

Hyemun kept her eyes on the sketchbook but couldn't help eavesdropping in on the whispered conversation Heeseung and Sunghoon were having, a little bit closer to her than the rest of them. "Isn't that the Hyemun girl? The one you're competing against for first place in the mid-term test?" 

"Yeah, so? Are you asking me if I'm scared?  I'm an ace. I can do everything she can do and better."  Heeseung replied, airily. 

Hyemun scoffed. Who does he think he is? Oh, she was gonna give him a piece of her mind. If there was one person she didn't like it would be Lee Heeseung. Before he had transferred to their school, Hyemun was THE best at school. She was the captain of the girl's football team and got the best marks in their section, so, teachers and students respected her. Then, he came.  He was perfect. Best at everything, good grades, basketball prodigy and handsome. To be honest, Hyemun was jealous of Heeseung. She dedicated her everyday to beating this b*tch. Fortunately for her, she had a secret weapon. She knew what he had done last term.... One step out of the line and she might accidently  tell everyone his dirty little secret.

Suddenly, someone plopped themselves next to Jihoon. "Hey, Jihoon. What's up?" "Hey, Riki," Jihoon said, affectionately. They were good friends and liked each other well enough to get along. The only person that didn't like Riki was Raewon. They just didn't seem to get along for some top secret reason that neither will share. 

"So, you've joined the soccer team, I've heard." Jihoon said "Yeah. Jaehyun asked me to and told me that I'd be a good player so I did." Hyemun suddenly looked up making eye contact with Riki. "Ya'll have got the strategy right, then?" Hyemun asked. Whenever the conversation was about football, Hyemun was bound to join in. "Yeah. Jaehyun's got it completely thought through. We've got Taehyun for goalkeeping."

"Finally ya'll got that solved. So, did ya'll find a solution for the striker problem? you know,  for next month?" "All sorted. Minho said he'll fill in for Xu and Yang Jeongin is playing reserve if Kai is not able to play.." "Any new players other than you?" "No, but Heeseung is thinking of joining in." Hyemun gave a massive eyeroll. "Doesn't he play basketball? Why can't he just stick to that?" Riki raised an eyebrow. "Well, well. Look who's curious." he said, teasingly. Hyemun glared at him. "I don't give a f*ck. I'm just concerned about our school's reputation regarding football." "I know, Hyemun. Since when have you ever given a f*ck about Heeseung, right?" he said, the mocking tone in his voice increasing by the second. Hyemun whacked him on the shoulder making him groan in pain. "Ouch, that actually hurt!" "Yeah, right, Mr. I'm-a-football-player-but-it-hurts-when-a-girl-hits-me." Hyemun said with another eyeroll.   

Suddenly, they heard the bell ring for the next period. "Shit! We're gonna be late!" Jongsung yelled, hurriedly putting on his bag. They all tore towards the school building, desperate to not be late.

The girls reached biology class just in time and took their seats. Hyemun heard the the teacher say something to Jihoon but didn't pay attention. Instead, she was staring at the place where she usually sat alone in the back row. There school chairs where like benches, having the ability to support two people. Hyemun usually sat alone in the back but today her right side was occupied by Park Jongsung, otherwise very popularly known as Jay.  She also spotted Heeseung in the seat beside Jay's, glancing suspiciously at him.

Hyemun plopped her bag down and took her seat. "You don't usually sit here, right? What's with the change?" "The new girl sat next to Sunoo and that's where I usually sit so I took this seat. I hope you don't mind." Hyemun smiled warmly, "Don't worry. It's fine. I'm probably gonna sleep the whole lesson through, anyway." "Class topper sleeping in class? I've never heard of that." he whispered with a grin. Very soon, Hyemun found herself silently laughing to Jay's stupid jokes. 

"Wish I could stick that model of the human heart up the teacher's *ss. Then, maybe this lesson would be interesting." he whispered with a mischievous grin on his face. Hyemun was close to bursting into laughter even though it was the lamest joke ever. It was just the serious expression that Jay wore on his face before saying the most disgusting joke ever. Suddenly, the bell rang. Everyone hurriedly started stuffing their belongings into their bags. 

Jihoon, who was sitting next to her worst enemy, Dohyun (also known as 'Yang Jungwon's b*tchy girlfriend), hurriedly got up, desperate to leave. "Hold up, Ms. Song. I haven't split ya'll into teams for the project, yet." The teacher said. Jihoon groaned, audibly and sat back down. "I'll be splitting ya'll into teams of 5. You will elect a leader and hand over the project on the human digestive system next Wednesday." The teacher declared. "Mmm, let's see. Uhh, Song Jihoon, Shin Hyemun, Kang Taehyun, Lee Heeseung and... Yang Jungwon. You guys will be one team and.."

Hyemun's heart stopped and the grin was wiped off her face. Working on a project with your rival? This was gonna be hell.

TO BE CONTINUED....