chapter 4

DELISSA'S POV—

i woke up with a massive headache. shit, i drank too much again? get rid of this habit, delissa. i hate that at parties i get temped by that fucking sex on the beach and i always end up drinking more than i should.

my question is who the hell putted me in bed? and how i agreed to sleep?

i get up and let out a sigh of relief. at least no weird ass man is with me in bed. or what if he was and left earlier? i should stop overthinking.

i go down stairs, only to see a chaos. fucking hell, it looks like it was a literal club in here. it's a complete mess.

someone is in the kitchen, making coffee. i can smell it, so i walk in the kitchen cause i'm carving coffee now.

"lando?" i ask surprisingly.

"morning. arthur let me stay overnight"

"oh, nice"

"i'm glad that you're not drunk anymore, though"

my eyes widen. "what? you...saw me?"

"you were clinging onto me. not gonna lie, it was pretty cute"

i made a fool out of myself and i met him 3 days ago. very smart of you, delissa. he'll think that i'm an alcoholic bitch, which i am, but i don't like other people to know that. especially the new people in my life with curly brown hair, blue ocean eyes and pretty dimples.

"want coffee?" he asks me.

i just nod. i can't bring myself to talk right now. i'm too embarrassed.

i sit down on a chair. my head is spinning and my vision is blurry. ugh, i should really stop drinking like this. if i keep going, i'll find myself in the hospital again.

he hands me a cup of coffee. "thank you" i said smiling.

i take a sip. it's tastes like heaven. how can a man make coffee this good?

he sits next to me. "so, you like it?"

"it's so good" i said like a little kid tasting a candy.

he chuckles. oh god, that laugh will be the end of everything. he got me mesmerized by him in just 3 days.

"did you drink last night?" i ask out of the blue.

"uh...no. i didn't feel like it"

"oh. okay."

"you weren't lying when you told me that you like alcohol"

"well, yeah...it's a long story"

"i'm listening"

i smile a bit. it's nice to be once in your life listened by someone.

"so where should i start from? after my dad died, my mom was left alone to raise 4 kids. it was so hard for her, but the worse things is that she had to lie to me that dad went on a long trip. i was only 11 after all. but then i realized that dad will never come back, how much i want him to. so when i was 17, i started drinking, going to clubs and wasting myself. although, i'm proud i never woke up with a man beside me or in a random bed. once i even went to hospital and they gave me pills to take the rest of my life. since i finished that pack of pills, i never started one and my addiction got worse" i pour my heart to him.

"oh my god, delissa. i'm so sorry. i never knew this happened to you..." he said taking me into his embrace.

his body is warm, opposite to my shivering one. all i could do was to hug him back. i started sobbing. i can't believe i'm opening up to him.

he strokes my hair gently. he's so sweet to me, it's almost painful that he's not my boyfriend.

end of chapter 4

heyy

love you❤️