Chapter#2 𝒹ℯ𝒻𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 ℯ𝓍𝓅ℯ𝒸𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾ℴ𝓃𝓈

Lucy's POV:

I walked to school, in my car that I got for my 16th birthday and my only light source because it was so early were the stars above me. Other than that it was covered by the night sky. I wasn't sure how I would solve this case but one thing I knew for sure. some people couldn't be trusted some so called friends would have to be called acquaintances now. 

I wasn't quite sure if her boyfriend was the suspect how the police would react, when they find out who killed her. on one knows for sure exactly what happened that night. but there's clues and I'm willing to find out no matter how long it takes. But I had to help, she was my friend after all do something for a change. she was like a sister to me we grew up together in the same neighborhood. she would always help me when I was stuck with 3rd grade homework. because math wasn't really my strong suite.

I started the engine hissed at me, despite trying to hush it it wouldn't have made a difference. My heart rate increased tremendously and every breath sunk to the very bottom of the ocean depths of my soul. the waves began to grow bigger with every square meter the car progressed. I wasn't even have way their the car spewed fumes. 

"What in the name of God, are you doing Jack." she replied,"

"Shouldn't you be in class, taking your exam for the engineering class Jack," she replied,"

A loud voice from behind me caught me off guard, nearly startling me to death. He looked at me when I was head to My criminal justice class. How could I have been so foolish? I didn't turn around to see who my passenger was behind me.

'Peter, I can explain." My words drew quieter than intended it was my overprotective bro looking out for me, almost making me appear afraid of my older brother.

"What in the world could possess you to take my jacket?!" He raised his voice , I don't think I'd ever seen him this angry before. His hand gestures flailed around like a madman---magician.

"I understand why you're mad we can talk about this, Peter you don't understand!" I raised my voice: I was so sick of him trying to control me all the time. All I wanted to do was help those poor soldiers and everyone was trying to stop me because I am a women.

"No.No.No. You're a women, Your Job Lucy is to take care of our parents, attend school. "

"His words infuriated me, is that all I am a housewife supposed to have kids stay at home with them."

"Maybe that's what I should be doing , but thats not what I want to be doing."

"I get it it's the 1940's, women don't have the exact freedom."

Jack's POV:

The enemy flew over the ship, which were they were being bombed and killed." I fired a couple of shots cause as it is I was hoping to see Lucy after the war, smoke erupted from the engine of the plane in front of me. one of us had to be attended by nurses at the Red Cross because one of us lost their hearing. I only have a bullet wound but I'm fine. Could've been worse I could've lost my arm like one of  my partners.

I let a sigh of relief when we went to the sea.

"Before I could let out a second breath bullets whizzed by my plane, catching me off guard." 

"gotta stay alive for my Lucy darling, I love her so much."  he replied,"

BANG.BANG.BANG.BANG

"SHIT," I cursed to myself, attempting to dodge the bullets.

"He's on me I shouted,"

My plane absorbed few bullets , but couldn't take it anymore.

"I prayed I get to be with my Lucy again after this war is over."