𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 6 ~ 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓫𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓑𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰

As Karna returned to his homeland of Anga after years of intense training under Parashurama, the kingdom felt alive with anticipation. His parents, Maharaj Adhirath and Maharani Radha, were filled with joy and pride to see their beloved son return as the greatest warrior on Earth. Word had spread far and wide about Karna's unmatched skills in battle, but for them, he was still the little boy they had found in the Ganga and lovingly raised as their own.

Karna, too, was happy to be back home. He had missed the simple peace of Anga—the soft whispers of the Ganga, the lush green fields, and most importantly, his parents, who had given him a life of dignity and love despite the secret of his birth. Every morning, he performed his daily prayers to Surya Dev by the river, thanking the sun god for his strength and guidance.

On this particular morning, as Karna stood by the Ganga, deep in prayer, the soft sound of chariots approaching caught his attention. He turned to see a royal procession making its way toward the palace. The banners of Vidarbha fluttered in the air, and in the grand chariot at the front was none other than Princess Rukmini.

Karna smiled, recognizing the young princess. Though he had not seen her in many years, she had always considered him her elder brother, and he in turn, had always looked upon her with the protective affection of a sibling.

As the chariot came to a halt, Rukmini, now a young woman of grace and beauty, stepped down. Her face lit up the moment she saw Karna, and without a second's hesitation, she ran toward him, calling out joyfully, "Bhai!"

Karna's heart warmed at the sight of her. "Rukmini!" he greeted her, pulling her into a gentle embrace. "It's been too long, little sister."

Rukmini stepped back, her eyes shining with affection. "Yes, Bhai. I've missed you so much. Father insisted on keeping me in Vidarbha for so long, but I begged him to let me visit Anga. I knew you would be here, and I couldn't wait to see you."

Karna chuckled softly, his hand resting on her head like a protective elder brother. "And I'm glad you're here. How is everything in Vidarbha? How is your father? And... Rukmi?" He asked the last name cautiously, knowing well that Rukmi had grown to dislike Krishna, whom Rukmini adored.

Rukmini's smile dimmed slightly at the mention of her elder brother. "Father is well. Rukmi... well, he's still the same. You know how he feels about Krishna." Her voice dropped to a whisper, as if even mentioning Krishna's name might bring trouble.

Karna's eyes softened. He knew how much Rukmini's heart belonged to Krishna, and it saddened him to see her caught between her love for the divine and her brother's ambitions. "Don't worry, Rukmini," Karna said kindly. "Your path will be guided by your heart, and I know Krishna himself will look after you."

Rukmini nodded, grateful for Karna's reassurance. "Thank you, Bhai. Your words always bring me comfort. Even as a child, I knew I could always turn to you for guidance."

Karna smiled at her, but before he could say anything more, Maharani Radha emerged from the palace, her face lighting up when she saw Rukmini. "Rukmini, my dear! What a joy it is to see you again!" she exclaimed, wrapping Rukmini in a warm hug.

Rukmini's heart swelled with affection for Radha. "Mata Radha, I've missed you too. I always feel at home in Anga."

The three of them—Karna, Rukmini, and Radha—walked back to the palace together, their laughter filling the air as they reminisced about old times. Karna, who was usually serious and focused on his duties as a warrior, felt lighter in Rukmini's presence. Her youthful energy and pure heart always reminded him of the joy in life beyond the battlefield.