Chapter 12: I'm Satisfied.

The photoshoot was a lot more complicated than I thought it was going to be, at least for Ted and I. For practice, Tanner got Dan and Joe in front of the camera, using them to figure out what angles, backdrops and lighting worked best. Tanner even got in front of the camera for a bit, knowing he already had his own headshots. Dude just wanted to have fun, and honestly, it was a lot of fun being in front of that camera. We had music playing, we got to feel like hot, important models and got to see the raw shots afterwards.

Ted and I went through so many different outfits for the shoot, taking photos together and apart. One thing that messed me up a bit at first was all the flashing from the camera, but your eyes eventually get used to it. Tanner had us wearing contrasting colours whenever we took solo shots, but had us wearing warmer colors when in front of the camera together. When taking pictures on our own, we gave simple smiles and somber looks into the camera, following it as Tanner changed the angles, unless Tanner directed us to look away of course. We all took turns suggesting music for our respective photoshoots, until Tanner had the odd idea to put on the entire Hamilton soundtrack when we all ran out of songs to drop, though that made keeping my mouth closed for the photos a little harder. I'd be mouthing certain lyrics excitingly, getting an occasional friendly scolding from Ted. Sometimes he'd have to straight up cover my mouth to get me to stop, until the soundtrack got to 'Satisfied', where he surprised me by joining in.

'You strike me as a woman who has never been satisfied.'
'I'm sure I don't know what you mean,
You forget yourself.'

'You're like me, I'm never satisfied.'
'Is that right?'
'I have never been satisfied.'

This is where I learn there was a particular couple weeks where Tanner had forced Ted to learn part of the soundtrack for reasons they both refused to admit to me, but man did Tanner get some good shots because of it. One particular shot really warmed my heart to look at the first time. Ted was supposed to simply hold my waist with one hand, but I just wouldn't stop singing or at least mouthing lyrics, so Ted gently placed a finger over my lips to make me close them. Ted and I had been relatively careful with how we acted in front of regular members of the film crew, but in this moment, it was like it was just the two of us. His dark eyes sparkled down at me, a genuine warm smile across his blush toned lips. I smiled back at him, feeling his hand slowly fall from my lips to take my hand in his while his other hand snaked around my waist to rest on my lower back. It was...personal, intimate, but brief. A shame it was so brief.

We looked over all of the good shots once Tanner gave us the O.K. to relax and take a break. God, did we look good. I hadn't even felt the flashing from all of the pictures Tanner had gotten once Ted had touched my lips, but they were perfect. All of them were perfect.
"You guys gotta recreate that one next week, in your ball wear." Tanner suggested with a proud smile.
"Ball wear?" Ted repeated with a humorous smile, looking at Tanner with a raised brow.
"Like, a royal ball. Our dream outfits." I clarified for him, placing my hand excitingly on Ted's shoulder before addressing Tanner. "Tanner, I'm gonna need all of those photos. I need them."
"Oh yeah, you'll get them." Tanner nodded at me a little. "Dan's gonna start editing them as soon as we clean up."
"Yeah, I need that one. Could be my lock screen." Ted points at the camera when it shows the shot of his arm around my back and our hands intertwined. Fuck, this man makes my chest flutter so easily, its maddening. I look at him after he says that, taking in his warm but eager expression as he continues going back and forth with Tanner about next week. Anytime I get to share a glance or contact with Ted, I feel happy. I feel validated. I'm...satisfied.

Dan and Tanner went upstairs with the camera to start editing the photos on their PC's. Hell, Tanner moved his PC into Dan's room so they could work side by side. It looked a little funny when we went back later to check on them.
With the remainder of the day, Joe cleared most of the living room and began to go through the dance sequence with Ted and I, as well as some spare members of the wardrobe team that volunteered to be extras. He went through some ballroom dancing basics with us, essentially teaching a mini masterclass on royal etiquette. We quickly figured out that I'd have to wear heels for my dance with Ted, he's just so tall and it would look better if I was a bit more at his eye level. He made sure to tease me about my height any chance got, and I made sure to ''accidentally'' step on his feet a few times in response. He may call me princess, but I'm a brat at heart and I know he likes it.