LADY GRAYCE

—•—

—•—

112 ac

Roslin runs her fingers through Grayce's loose hair, playing with the strands as they watch the seamstress fit the gown to Ninara's physique. Melina flips through the pages of a book, not at all interested.

"Is the dress to your liking?" The seamstress asks the bride-to-be. The lady looks unsure. "Yes." She nods stiffly, Grayce notes. She might not like the dress, but she has to lie to keep the seamstress happy. Melina told her once that when a man courted her she had lie so he would leave her be.

She glances up at Roslin, her back pressed up against her elder sister.
They're all lounging in Ninara's chambers, as they will be her good sister after their brother marries her. Grayce wishes to be in the gardens with Shaera now, but both Melina and Roslin forced her to be here.

She didn't understand why. It didn't seem like Ninara wanted them there. They barely conversed to each other. Perhaps the ice hasn't broken yet. Grayce would've thought after what she did at dinner the ice would've been broken.

It is for their future good sister, they said. She will soon be family, they said.
Grayce takes another look of the gown. It is a light shade of violet, almost white. It has long lacy sleeves, it fits her torso perfectly.

The skirt is long, and it looks to be made out of silk. Isn't silk expensive, Grayce thinks.
It must be something that only resembles silk. She concludes.

Grayce plays with the laces of her own gown. She has a small pout on her lips. She is bored out of her mind, and these ladies aren't even speaking to each other, so there is nothing to listen to.

Roslin created small braids in Grayce's dark hair, the room is terribly quiet, save for the seamstress' loud thinking.

"Can I leave?" The youngest girl turns to her older sister. She merely wants to do something more exciting. "No," Roslin shook her head as she brushed Grayce's hair out of her face.
"We're here to support our future good sister." She added in an authoritative tone.

Grayce huffed, turning her face away from her sisters. "When's the wedding?" Grayce asked without looking up from the ribbons of her dress. "In a few days time, it isn't long now." Roslin said as she continued to run her fingers through Grayce's hair.

"It's too long!" Melina complained, slumping further into her seat. "You'll live." Grayce could hear Roslin roll her eyes.

She glanced up at Ninara, who was everything but comfortable. They haven't had a proper conversation, and it seems like Ninara wishes to leave, but her dress isn't even prepared.