𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 15 ~ 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮

The sun began its descent beyond the horizon, casting long shadows over the kingdom of Vidarbha. The lush gardens of the palace were adorned with vibrant flowers, their fragrances mingling in the gentle evening breeze. However, the atmosphere within the royal palace was anything but serene.

In the opulent chambers of Rukmini, the beloved daughter of King Bhishmaka, tensions brewed. Rukmini sat at her ornate vanity, her fingers absentmindedly brushing through her long, dark hair. She gazed into the mirror, lost in thoughts of her love for Krishna. Despite the richness of her surroundings, her heart felt heavy, burdened by the weight of her unspoken feelings.

Suddenly, the door swung open, and Rukmi, her elder brother, strode into the room, his expression a mix of irritation and determination. "Rukmini! We need to talk," he demanded, his tone brooking no argument.

Rukmini turned, her heart sinking. She knew her brother well; when he was in this mood, it was often about something serious. "What is it, Rukmi?" she asked, trying to keep her voice steady.

Rukmi crossed his arms, his jaw set firmly. "It's about your marriage, sister. I've made arrangements for you to marry Shishupal of the Chedi Kingdom."

Rukmini's heart dropped. "What? You can't just decide my future without my consent!" she protested, rising to her feet. "This is my life we're talking about, not a mere political alliance!"

Rukmi's eyes flashed with anger. "You may think it's your life, but as your brother, it is my duty to protect you and ensure that our family's honor remains intact. Shishupal is a powerful ally, and this marriage will strengthen our kingdom. You will marry him, and that is final!"

Rukmini shook her head, disbelief etched on her face. "I cannot marry someone I do not love! My heart belongs to Krishna! You know that!"

Rukmi stepped closer, his voice low and intense. "That boy is not suitable for you, Rukmini! Krishna is nothing but a mere cowherd. He does not possess the power or the status that Shishupal has. Our family needs to secure its position, and you must understand this."

Rukmini's heart raced, frustration boiling within her. "It's not about power or status! It's about love! Krishna treats me with respect and kindness. He sees me for who I truly am, not just as a pawn in a political game!"

Rukmi scoffed, his patience wearing thin. "Love? You think love will protect you when the time comes? Shishupal will provide you with security, wealth, and a powerful alliance. Those are the things that truly matter in this world!"

Rukmini felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes. "You don't understand! Love is what gives life meaning. It's what makes us human. You can't force me into a marriage that I don't want!"

Rukmi's face hardened, his voice cold. "And you can't expect our father to allow you to chase after a fantasy! I am doing this for your own good. You'll thank me later when you are the queen of the Chedi Kingdom."

"Queen of Chedi?" Rukmini repeated, her voice laced with bitterness. "You mean a pawn in a game that you are orchestrating! I will not be sold off like a piece of property!"

Rukmi advanced, his frustration evident. "You're being foolish! Krishna is not what you think he is. He may be charming, but he will never be a king, and you deserve a life of dignity!"

Rukmini straightened, determination filling her. "I refuse to be part of a life dictated by politics and power. If you truly care for me as a brother, you will respect my wishes and let me choose my own path."

Rukmi clenched his fists, the tension in the air crackling like lightning. "You think you can just ignore the realities of this world? You are a princess, Rukmini! You have responsibilities, and your heart does not come before our family's honor!"