Chapter 6 The New Seeker

Harry did not think it was possible that he could hate someone to this degree. That idea went straight out the window when he met Draco Malfoy. It was even worse that they were in the same house. Thank Merlin that their class schedules didn't line up, so he didn't have to put up with Malfoy that much. Or at least, he didn't till he saw a notice pinned up in the Slytherin common room. Harry scowled as he read the notice in the Slytherin common room. Of course, he had to be in the same group as Draco Malfoy. Why did it always have to be him? At least Hermione and Audrey would be there as well, he thought, but just the idea of having to spend time with Malfoy made him feel irritable.

He met up with Audrey and Hermione at Breakfast and Audrey had to really fight the urge to not roll her eyes at Harry's whining. "It's going to be miserable Aud, he is just going to talk about how good he is at quidditch."

Audrey smirked at her brother wanting to cheer him up. "At least you can find out if it's all talk or not. Who knows maybe Malfoy will make a fool of himself," she said smiling at the idea. While Hermione swatted her arm clearly not approving of her wishing someone to fall off their broom. But if anyone deserved it, it was Malfoy. He kept making more Neville even more nervous.

Neville had never been on a broomstick in his life, because his grandmother had never let him near one. Privately, Harry felt she'd had a good reason because Neville managed to have an extraordinary number of accidents even with both feet on the ground. He never thought he would meet someone clumsier than his sister, but Hogwarts is a magical place after all.

Hermione Granger was almost as nervous as Neville if not more. This was something that she couldn't learn by heart out of a book- not that she hadn't tried. She had her nose buried in a book called Quidditch Through the Ages. No matter how much Audrey tried, she just couldn't get Hermione to calm down. She even promised to give her flying lessons but Hermione refused. Hermione's worrying however was cut off by the mail arriving. A barn owl brought Neville a small package from his grandmother. He opened it excitedly and showed them a glass ball the survey of a large marble, which seemed to be full of white smoke. "It's a Rembrall!" He explained. "Gran knows I forget things tells you if there's something you've forgotten to do. Look, you hold it tight like this and if it turns red-oh..." his face felt, because the Remembrall had suddenly glowed scarlet, "...you've forgotten something." Neville was trying to remember what he had forgotten when Draco Malfoy, who was passing the Gryffindor table, snatched the Rembrall out of his hand.

Audrey jumped to her feet. While Harry sat up straighter. Both twins were ready for a reason to fight Malfoy, but Professor McGonagall, who could spot trouble quicker than any teacher in the school, was there in a flash.

"What's going on?"

"Malfoys got my Remembrall, Professor." Scowling, Malfoy quickly dropped the Rembrall back on the table. "Just looking," he said and sloped away with Crab and Goyle behind him.

Around three thirty Harry, Hermione, and Neville made their way to the grounds after lunch, where the first flying lesson was scheduled to take place. The air was crisp and clear, and the sun shone overhead, casting long shadows on the grass. As they approached the wide-open area designated for the lesson, they could see several groups of students already gathering, chatting excitedly about what they would be learning today. The three friends found a spot where they could watch some of the students from the class before being shown how to handle a broomstick. The first thing they noticed was that some of the other students seemed to be having trouble keeping their brooms grounded. They snickered as they watched a boy accidentally send his broom flying into a tree. This of course only made Hermione and Neville more terrified. It took a good fifteen minutes for Audrey to be able to talk them both down. By the time they calmed down the Slytherins had already made their way onto the field. Audrey pushed Harry towards his housemates and he sighed dramatically.