Surprise Guest

Lan Wangji didn't say anything. He grabbed Wei Wuxian by the back of his neck and brought his lips to meet his. "You are not waking up from this," Lan Wangji declared. 

"Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian scolded. "We are at work." 

"Why are you sure that I am going to fall in love and walk away from you?" Lan Wangji asked. 

Wei Wuxian looked down. "I know that we are good together but..." 

"But what?"

"I think I am falling for you and I know that it's impossible for you to feel that way and I don't expect you to but a part of me wants you to experience the joy of being in love but I know that it would mean that we would have to part and I don't know when I will be ready to do that," Wei Wuxian explained in a single breath. 

"You have a reason why it's impossible for me to fall for you?" Lan Wangji asked. 

Wei Wuxian looked down. He did not know how to voice his insecurities. He as an ex-con, the son of a servant, an outcast of society. How could he expect Lan Wangji's affection. He wasn't interested in Lan Wanji's body or social position. He wanted to be genuinely adored by him with an adoration that had someone else's name on it. 

At that moment, the duo were startled by a knock on the door. "Wei Qianbei, you have a guest," Jingyi announced. 

Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian stepped back as Wei Wuxian straightened his dress. Lan Wangji tucked back a loose strand of hair behind his ears prompting him to blush. Wei Wuxian cleared his throat before replying. 

"Who is it?" Wei Wuxian asked. 

"He claims to be your boyfriend," Jingyi squeaked. 

Wei Wuxian's breath hitched in his throat at that statement as Lan Wangji narrowed his eyes. 

"Oh, come on boy. My Xianxian is already a shy little bunny. Why do you want him to blush more?" came a very familiar voice. 

Wei Wuxian slumped against his chair as the door flung open. Lan Wangji stood ramrod stiff against the window as a man in a leather jacket strolled in. He had long hair tied in a high knot over his head. He wore a broad smile but his eyes held a tonne of mischief. 

"Oh, I didn't know that you have company?" the man spoke in surprise on seeing Lan Wangji. 

"Yangyang, when did you come back?" Wei Wuxian asked. 

"I got bit by a tiger. I am recovering. So, National Geographic decided to have me change sections and sent me over to their society section. A big fiasco is happening on Friday, exchange of the Jin heir. I am here to photograph the event for a documentary. It was the new heir's fiancee that told me you were working here. I can't believe that the Yiling Laozu has finally gone public with his identity?" he exclaimed. 

Wei Wuxian smiled a tight smile. He turned to face Lan Wangji. "This is my friend in college- Xue Yang, the one who was thrown out because of wanting to support my studies," he replied. 

"Yangyang, this is Lan Wangji, my contract husband," he stated. 

"You married a guy? The most homophobic kid I know, married a guy?" Xue Yang exclaimed. 

Lan Wangji stiffened at the word homophobic. He looked at Wei Wuxian and pondered the truth of the statement. 

"I am not homophobic," Wei Wuxian defended. 

"Oh really? Then why couldn't you admit your feelings for that childhood crush of yours? What were you afraid of?" Xue Yang demanded. 

Tears threatened Wei Wuxian's eyes as he curled more into himself. "It's okay." Lan Wangji comforted by placing a hand on his shoulder. Wei Wuxian seemed to curl into himself more.