𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 34 ~ 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼

The morning after their first kiss was unlike any other for Vrinda and Karna. A palpable shift had taken place between them, something they both felt in their hearts. The festival had ended, but its impact lingered in the air, weaving its magic around the couple. Vrinda woke up with a soft smile on her lips, the memory of Karna's touch still fresh in her mind. For the first time since their marriage, there was no longer any ambiguity between them. She knew Karna's heart was hers, just as her heart had always belonged to him.

As the first rays of the sun filtered through the palace curtains, Vrinda stood by the large window in their shared chambers, basking in the golden light. Her thoughts were consumed by Karna—the man she had come to love so deeply. His strength, his unwavering sense of duty, his compassion... everything about him made her fall in love more each day. And now, knowing that he reciprocated her feelings, her heart felt light and joyful.

Vrinda was lost in these thoughts when she heard footsteps behind her. She turned, and there he was—Karna, standing in the doorway, gazing at her with a soft smile that made her heart race all over again. His tall, imposing figure was bathed in the morning light, and his eyes sparkled with a warmth that she had never seen before. The way he looked at her sent a wave of emotion through her, making her cheeks flush.

"Karna..." she whispered, her voice soft, but full of affection.

He walked over to her slowly, his every movement deliberate and graceful, as though he was savoring the moment. When he finally reached her, Karna reached out and gently took her hand, his touch sending a jolt of electricity through her skin. He brought her hand to his lips, brushing a soft kiss across her knuckles.

"Good morning, my queen," he said, his voice deep and rich, laced with tenderness.

Vrinda's heart skipped a beat at the way he called her "my queen." She had always been his queen in title, but today it felt different. Today, she felt like his queen in every sense of the word—his partner, his equal, his love.

A Walk in the Palace Gardens

Later that day, after breakfast, Karna suggested they take a walk in the palace gardens. It was something they hadn't done before, as their relationship had always been clouded by formality and distance. But now, with the walls between them broken down, the idea of walking together, simply enjoying each other's company, felt right.

The palace gardens were vast and beautifully kept, with flowering trees, colorful blossoms, and a fountain that sat at the center, its gentle trickling adding a serene melody to the air. The fragrance of jasmine and roses filled the space, and the soft breeze carried the scent to them as they strolled side by side.

For a while, neither of them spoke, content in the comfortable silence. The gentle rustling of leaves and the songs of birds surrounded them, adding to the peaceful ambiance. Vrinda occasionally glanced at Karna, her heart fluttering at how close he felt now—emotionally and physically. His presence beside her was strong and reassuring, and for the first time since their marriage, she felt truly connected to him.

Karna noticed her quiet glances and smiled, breaking the silence. "What are you thinking, Vrinda?" he asked softly, his voice filled with curiosity.

Vrinda hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to express the torrent of emotions swirling inside her. "I was just thinking... about how much has changed," she admitted, her voice quiet but sincere. "How much I've come to love being by your side."

Karna stopped walking and turned to face her, gently taking both of her hands in his. His touch was warm, and the intensity in his eyes made her pulse quicken. "Vrinda," he began, his voice deep and filled with emotion, "I want you to know that these feelings you have... they're mutual. You are not just my wife by name, but you have become my heart. I never thought I would find this kind of love, especially not after how our marriage began. But now... I don't want to imagine my life without you."