CHAPTER 6

NO ONE POV

The next day, the competitive atmosphere in the classroom was at an all-time high. Hyerin, Soomin, Chaewon, and Hayeon had made it their mission to capture Miss Kim’s attention, each with their own strategy. Meanwhile, Miss Kim, or rather Yooyeon, seemed oblivious to what was going on.

Chaewon kicked things off by approaching Miss Kim during the break. "Miss Kim, what’s your skincare routine? Your skin looks flawless." She was clearly trying to butter her up, hoping to impress her.

Hyerin, not wanting to be outdone, kept raising her hand for every single question during class. "Miss Kim, could you explain this one again?" she asked, even though she didn’t need help, all in an attempt to stay on Yooyeon’s radar.

Soomin, being herself, opted for humor. She made everyone laugh with silly antics, hoping to win over Miss Kim in her own way.

But things took an unexpected turn when Hayeon suddenly blurted out, "You know, if it weren’t for the age difference, I’d probably hit on you right now."

Yooyeon, or rather Miss Kim, chuckled. "Well, that would be a problem, considering I’m married."

All four of them froze, shocked. "Wait, what?" Chaewon asked, eyes wide. "You’re married?"

Yooyeon, now Mrs. Kim, smiled. "That’s right. I’m Mrs. Kim."

Soomin, ever curious, jumped in. "What’s your husband’s full name?"

Mrs. Kim smiled but didn’t give them a direct answer. "Well, I kept my surname, so it’s different from his."

Everyone sat there, stunned, their mouths practically hanging open. Mrs. Kim, seeing their reactions, burst out laughing. “How could you think a 33-year-old woman wouldn’t be married?”

Hyerin, still trying to process this, said, "Well, my sister’s 33 and she’s not married, so I thought maybe you weren’t either."

Mrs. Kim’s expression changed slightly, her curiosity piqued. “33? And she’s still single?”

Hyerin nodded. “Yeah, she’s not dating anyone. She’s always too busy.”

Mrs. Kim seemed thoughtful for a moment, then asked casually, “Is she dating anyone at the moment?”

“Nope,” Hyerin replied, shaking her head.

Yooyeon smiled to herself, filing that information away for later. "Good to know," she said, her tone light, though the gears in her mind were clearly turning. The rest of the group exchanged puzzled glances, unsure why Mrs. Kim seemed suddenly so interested in Seoyeon’s relationship status.

As they continued with the lesson, it was clear Yooyeon’s thoughts had drifted elsewhere—toward Seoyeon, and for the first time, she was thinking about her in a way she hadn’t before.

•••

They were back at the kindergarten to help Seoyeon again. As usual, parents came one by one to pick up their children, until only Suhyeon was left. Her parents were busy, and Seoyeon had told Hyerin and the others it would be a while before they arrived.

They busied themselves cleaning the place up, tidying toys and straightening chairs. Once the cleaning was done, they sat around one of the small tables, chatting as they waited.

Suddenly, Chaewon turned to Seoyeon with a grin. “By the way, Seoyeon unnie, did you know our homeroom teacher is married?”

Seoyeon raised an eyebrow. “Where did you guys get the idea that a 33-year-old woman wouldn’t be married?”