ONE

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

CHAPTER  : ONE

• • •

"Thank you, Y/N. We'll be in touch," they said, and with a polite nod, you stood up and exited the room, walking down the long hallway.

You had just finished your interview for Lipstick Diaries magazine. It felt surreal—one of the biggest names in fashion and glam, and you had taken the leap and applied for a reporter position.

Lipstick Diaries was everywhere, known for its bold coverage on fashion trends, beauty tips, and the latest gossip about boys.

It catered to a huge audience of fashion lovers and trendsetters, and you had decided to test the waters, putting yourself out there for a chance to work with them.

The interview had gone better than you could've hoped. You felt confident, proud of how well you'd handled their questions, and for the first time in a while, you were excited about the possibilities ahead.

You could almost see yourself as part of the team, covering the hottest stories, mingling in the world of fashion and celebrity culture.

Walking down that hallway, a little spark of pride ignited within you. Whatever happens next, you were proud of yourself for taking the step.

A few days had passed, and you found yourself in your apartment, adjusting the Halloween decorations you'd set up.

The warm glow of string lights and a few pumpkins gave the space a cozy, festive vibe.

Your MacBook was propped up on the table, and you were on FaceTime with Yuji, filling him in about your day and the job interview with Lipstick Diaries.

"I think it went well. Honestly, I'm excited," you said, stepping down from the couch after hanging a ghost garland on the wall. "I just hope they call back soon. It's been a few days, and the waiting's killing me."

Yuji, on the other side of the screen, nodded. He looked like he'd just gotten off work, still in his firefighter oveerdrawls, but as always, full of energy. "I'm sure you'll hear back soon. You're gonna crush it. They'd be dumb not to hire you."

He then shifted the conversation. "Oh, by the way, my mom's hosting a baby shower for my cousin. It's this weekend. Your parents will be there too. You coming?"

You paused for a moment, considering. "I don't know, honestly," you replied, grabbing a fake spiderweb to drape over the bookshelf. "I'll have to check my schedule. It sounds fun, though."

Yuji chuckled. "Yeah, well, if you can make it, you should come. I could use a break from being the only sane person in the family."

You laughed, "Sane? You?" You teased, stepping back to admire your decoration work. "But yeah, I'll let you know. It'll be nice to catch up with everyone."