Echoes

Universe: Something new

MC: Sans (Killer)

Genre: Angst

Warnings:
-OOC
-Mentions of character death
-Potentially inaccurate manipulation
_______________________________________

"Good work."

The voice sends a chill down his spine, an instinctive reaction to the thing behind him. A familiar reaction, a familiar phrase, a familiar situation. He did this once before. Many, many times.

This is the first time the voice has changed.

Killer (Sans...?) stares listlessly down at the dust before him. He should feel despair, rage, something  besides the emptiness plaguing him.

("SANS? WH-WHAT ARE YOU...?"

"... Killer? Are you... alright?")

His SOUL burns brighter for all of a split second, a minute shift, before ice creeps into his marrow as darkness consumes his vision. A displeased hum sounds behind him before his skull is abruptly turned to meet a grinning face. Red as blood-

But no. The eyes, or, well, eyelight is blue this time.

Its grip is harsh on his skull.

"That was good work, wasn't it?"

("That was interesting, wasn't it?")

Killer feels nothing. He doesn't know. He doesn't care.

He hums in assent. The grip on his skull lightens. He's abruptly dropped onto the floor, a powdery surface beneath him. The dust creeps into the joints in his phalanges, his hand otherwise protected by his fingerless gloves. His smile is stiff on his face. It feels weird. It feels right.

(Wrong, so wrong-)

"Well then, don't dawdle! You can't possibly think this is your only job of the day, can you? That was far too easy. Don't you want something more interesting?"

The last sentence is an echo, of fresh snow, monotonous days, and the promise of something new.

Killer gets up.

He can still do far more good work today, after all.