O6 ‒ Bodyguard

SCOFFING, Jisung shot the man and let the body drop, lifeless with blood flooding the concrete floor

SCOFFING, Jisung shot the man and let the body drop, lifeless with blood flooding the concrete floor. Nari felt her heart rattle and she ran away.

Jisung's eyes widened in surprise, shocked and confused at what to do. He ran after her, trying to catch up to her which luckily he could.

Nari's heels were killing her but she didn't want to stop for a second. She could be caught.

She didn't even know if she could trust Jisung properly.

"I'm so dumb!" She exclaimed, running downhill and onto a pathway.

Jisung was faster with his long legs and he held onto her arm. "Wait!"

Nari immediately hit his hand away and kept running, she glanced to her left and saw a river and she thought maybe she could jump the fence and just stay in the water.

"Nari!" Jisung called out.

He eventually got up to her speed and held onto her shoulders, pulling her back into his chest which stopped the girl from running. She grunted from the harsh pull but tried to get out of his grip.

"What?! Are you going to kill me now?!" Nari shouted, pushing herself away from Jisung.

Jisung shook his head, "No! I'm not! Please- listen to me!"

Nari blurted words out, fear taking over her mind as she tried to think of what to do. She had never been caught by a member of the mafia.

Jisung held onto her wrists, not too tightly and sighed. "I'm not here to hurt you."

Nari looked at him momentarily, staring into his eyes as if she could tell if he was lying or not. Sensing no more hostility, she decided to trust him and stopped resisting- letting her body relax.

Sitting on the grassy hill next to the path, Nari eyed Jisung cautiously as he sat down beside her. Jisung tried to find a way to explain his situation.

"I'm... on a mission." Jisung started.

Nari's eyes widened, "Oh my god! Are you going to murder me and then dismember my body?!"

"What? No! I would never do that!" Jisung exclaimed, panicking at the girls' outburst.

"You don't sound convincing," Nari muttered, shuffling away from him.

Jisung ruffled his hair in frustration, "Your grandpa hired me."

"I know... you're supposed to be my bodyguard," Nari said and Jisung looked at her with surprise.

"You know?" Jisung asked.

"That it's your job to protect me? Yeah..." Nari muttered.

"That's it?" Jisung muttered.

Nari glanced at Jisung, deciding to not tell him she suspected him of being part of the mafia. Jisung sighed, ruffling his hair and stared at the lake in front of him.