Chapter 4 - The Bedroom

"So your telling me, Cedric Diggory asked you to be his date?" Fred asks Alice, while sat in her bedroom. "Yes, I'm dead serious." Alice tries to persuade them. "Wait wait, no you've got show me how he did it." George stands up wanting Alice to do a demonstration on him. "Well he grabbed my last piece of parchment and handed it to me, and I had said I'd make it up to him and he was like 'oh how are you going to do that?' and I was like 'oh I don't know buy you a butter beer' and he was like 'oh i've got a better idea, be my date to the hufflepuff party on friday'." Alice recites the occurrences of last night.

"Blimey... you're getting all the guys this year." Fred says, while smirking at Alice. "What do you mean? It's only Cedric?" Burke is confused. "Yes Cedric, but I heard a little Slytherin has spiked an interest in you too." George says, while giving Alice with a cheeky look. "Sorry, I'm lost here. Who are you two talking about?" Alice asks, while plonking herself back on her bed. "You know who!!" Fred pleads. "No I do n-." Knock Knock Knock.

"Who is it?!" Alice asks. "Burke, it's Theo." A voice comes from the other side of the door, this voice gets a reaction from the Weasley's, a bunch of fanning each other and ooo's and aaa's. Alice easily figures out what Slytherin they were on about. "Oh god no, gross!! The both of you gross!!" She mouths as she gets up to open her bedroom door.

"What do you want?" She looks up at Nott leaning on the door frame. "You had left your book on the desk in the library. I thought since your such a bookworm you wouldn't want to lose it." Nott hands her the book, looking at the two Weasley's lying on her bed, relaxing. "Thanks Nott, I appreciate it." Alice looks down at her book, she didn't even realise it was missing. Her thoughts were preoccupied with Cedric and the party tomorrow.

"What are you two looking at?" Nott snaps at the twins. "You're not even allowed in here." He folds is arms. "Nott they are my friends. My business remember?" Alice reminds Nott, trying not to start a fight. "Yeah whatever." Nott walks off annoyed.

"And you don't think that he likes you?" Fred chimes behind Alice, giggling slightly. "Because he is not hiding that jealousy very well." George agrees, also laughing. "He is not jealous, and he doesn't like me. He has enough females to fuck around with. I don't think he needs me aswell." Alice laughs at herself while shutting her room door and returning to her spot on the bed. "I can bet you 10 galleons that Nott will kick the absolute shit out of Cedric tomorrow." Fred makes a bet.

"Your on." Alice shakes Fred's hand. She's certain that Nott will not care about her and Cedric. He never has been bothered by her being friends with the Weasley's for that manner. Well, not until this year.

"Well a way more important topic, is what are you going to wear?" George asks. "I was thinking..." Alice rummage's through her closet. "This one." Alice pulls out a black short dress with sheer long sleeves. It has a heart shaped neckline with dropped shoulders, Alice has never worn a dress like this before to a party. But she thought for the occasion it is worth the change. "Alice that is..." Fred begins, but George finishes. "Barely a dress." They both giggle. "What? It is a dress?" She laughs at the boys.

"You'll be half naked in that." George says seriously now.

"Guys it's fine." Alice answers.

"No it's not." Fred chimes in.

"I'll look great in it!!" She raises her voice.

"We're not saying you wouldn't look good in it Alice, we're just worried that you'll get more then Cedric's attention." They both raise their eyebrows.

"Well I've already got Cedric's attention. And besides I've got you two to look after me anyway." She looks at them like a pleading puppy wanting a treat. "Fine, but we will be watching you all night." "Yippeee, I'm so lucky to have you both." She laughs.

"You're a pain in our ass ladybug."