II ✧*̥˚𝕽𝖚𝖓 𝖆𝖜𝖆𝖞- 𝖕𝖆𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔*̥˚✧

Alexis was right behind him, and when Sylus shot his enemies, she just nodded her head in agreement. ,,Well, if they were your people, you wouldn't be just killing them... that's true," she said, returning to her earlier consideration that this was just his plan. Then she looked ahead as she continued walking. But two more men came out of one of the other corridors. Alexis was the first to react this time. Although she was tired and still slightly confused by the situation, she put her hands neatly in front of her and let the orange light shine on them. Immediately, air was drawn around one of the men, and the pressure created by the vacuum lifted him into the air. Alexis then waved her hand and threw the man violently in the direction of the other assailant, knocking them both to the ground. ,,Sylus, weapons!" she warned the white-haired man about what he should be targeting with them.

Sylus frowned at her comment. On the one hand, he understood that she had thought that, but on the other... if he wanted to find her or be with her, he would have done it differently. He snorted softly, then watched what Alexis had done. ,,I'm on it," he said, using his Evol to make their weapons fall into his hands. Sylus grinned at this and moved swiftly to the two men. Hit both of them hard, making sure they didn't just get up. He then tucked their weapons into his belt and looked at Alexis. ,,Keep going. Just a little further," he said, and the two of them eventually reached the end of the hall. Sylus slowly opened the door and was the first to peek inside. He guessed correctly that this would be the way out. He could see a car standing some distance away, and even the exit was in sight. He looked around for a moment before looking at the girl behind him. ,,I don't see anyone, so here's the plan. We'll get to the car as fast as we can and then get out of here. Don't hold back, just go. If anything, I'll take them out," he said, meeting her eyes.

Alexis grinned. ,,Okay, then cover me. I'll start it," she said, and then she simply ran down the corridor. But as soon as she ran into the open garage, shots were fired and bullets started flying around Alexis' head. She barely ducked to avoid one and barely put her hand in front of her to stop one bullet with the pressure of the vacuum. But the relief was replaced by shock when she noticed that another bullet had pierced through her palm. The adrenaline in her body had not yet made her fully aware of the pain. ,,Fuck," she said, then ducked behind the car. Using Evol, she kept the blood from leaking from her wound and turned to look at Sylus. She pointed to where the attackers had fired on her before hiding again.

Sylus growled softly as he watched Alexis duck behind the car. Then he nodded slightly, readied his weapons, and as soon as she showed him where they were, he set off. He ran toward her, and at that moment the gunshots came again, but Sylus was quicker. He hid behind the nearest pillar and let them shoot for a while. Then he looked out and when he saw that they were changing magazines quickly, he started shooting. He hit two more. The others took cover, but they had no chance against him. While he held a weapon in one hand, he made a slight gesture with the other, letting his red-and-black vines flow toward the attackers, which grabbed the man's legs and pulled him toward him. The men fought back and even started shooting again, but Sylus took each of them down. When he was sure there was no one else around, he ran to Alexis. ,,Let me see your hand," she said without waiting, taking it gingerly in his own and looking at the wound. Then he took a neatly folded red handkerchief from the pocket of his black jacket and bandaged the wound. ,,It'll heal, don't worry," he said, looking into her eyes. ,,Now get in, let's go," he said, and finally got into the driver's seat himself. As soon as Alexis got in the car, he sped off.

Alexis then just looked around to cover him from a distance. When she finally got into the car, and the adrenaline began to drain from her blood, so did the pain. ,,Fuck, fuck!" she cried, feeling the pain of her wound. She wanted to cut off her hand now, if it meant getting rid of the damned pain. Even so, she continued to maintain the power of the evol so as not to bleed. She was about to say something when there was a bang. Alexis turned. ,,They're following us, Sylus!" she said. ,,Three cars."

,,Don't worry, I'll take you somewhere to be treated. You'll get something for the pain, too, just hold on, princess," Sylus said in a low voice, then continued to drive away from the spot. But as soon as he heard what she had said, he looked in the rearview mirror. ,,Shit," he said, ,,we've got to get rid of them and get out," he added, and although he was more of a rule-based driver, he was now putting his foot down. He watched not only the road ahead, but also the cars behind.

Alexis thought for a moment, though she didn't think she could go through the pain. But finally she turned to Sylus and grabbed one of his weapons with her good hand. ,,I'll take care of it," she said, opening the window and leaning out. She always tried to dodge, while aiming at the wheels, so that she could eventually hit her target, but so that the bullets would miss.

Sylus looked at her, then nodded. He did his own driving, but also kept an eye on Alexis. He accelerated and tried to outrun them. After a while something occurred to him. He grabbed Alexis with his right hand and pulled her back into the car. ,,Sit down and hold on," he said, then accelerated until he had at least a little head start. Finally, he swung the car around so that he was driving backwards while he stared at the three cars following. Sylus frowned and unleashed his Evol against them. The red-and-black vines wrapped around each wheel, and after a while each tire melted away. Their pursuers were suddenly stopped. Sylus didn't wait for anything, turned the car around again, and finally drove Alexis away, somewhere safe.

Alexis watched what Sylus had done and had to nod appreciatively. ,,I see you've got some experience in speeding in a car, too. Although I guess a motorcycle is closer to you," she said. Then she looked down at her palm. She could no longer hold on to her summons, and so, as she let go of her power, she felt her hot blood trickle down her skirt. ,,Hurry," she said, still in pain, then squeezed harder on the wound and the cloth around her.

,,You know, you sort of have to know everything," he shrugged, ,,but you're right. The bike's just closer to me," he looked at her, then at her hand. ,,Hang on, we're almost there. I'm going to take you to a clinic where they'll treat you and no one will ask any questions," he said, and drove on. After another fifteen minutes he finally arrived at the place. He parked in a side street and got out. He walked around the car and helped Alexis out. Then, with her by his side, he headed inside. Outside, the building was ordinary, but inside it was a small clinic. Sylus walked to the front desk. ,,Get me Dr. Wilson," he said, speaking only to the receptionist. Then he turned to Alexis. ,,It's going to be okay, don't worry," he said, smiling slightly.

,,Well, I hope so, this is your fault... I hope healing the wound is enough... ow... compensation... " Alexis whined, leaning on Sylus. The pain seemed to flow through her body. ,,It hurts like hell," she said, trying to squeeze her hand, which was still bleeding.

Sylus looked at her. ,,You just can't help yourself, can you?" He smiled slightly, then shook his head. With one arm around her waist, he led her into a room where they were to wait for the doctor. He and Alexis went inside and helped her sit on the couch. ,,You're about to get something for the pain," he said, watching her. He wondered what would happen next. They had shaken off their pursuers, but he had a feeling they would still be looking for them. He leaned against the wall and folded his arms across his chest. He stared at Alexis and said nothing. After a while, the doctor came into the room and immediately went to work, treating the girl.