Chapter 7:A Special Suprise

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

2010

It was a bright and crisp autumn morning in 2010, and Kensington Palace was alive with the soft sounds of baby coos and the gentle rustle of leaves outside. Princess Alexandra Margaret Diana, just over one year old, sat on the floor of the living room, surrounded by her colorful toys. Her favorite bunny plush, Mr. Whiskers, was tucked snugly under her arm as she babbled to herself, creating little stories in her imagination.

The morning sun streamed through the window, casting a warm glow in the room. Catherine, also known as Kate, was preparing a light breakfast in the kitchen while William worked on his laptop nearby, keeping an eye on their little girl.

Just then, there was a cheerful knock at the door. Alexandra looked up, her big brown eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Who's that, Daddy?" she asked, pointing toward the door.

William smiled warmly, putting aside his laptop. "Let's see, shall we?"

He stood up, lifted Alexandra into his arms, and opened the door. Standing there were Uncle Peter Phillips and Aunt Autumn Kelly, both beaming with excitement. Alexandra's face lit up when she saw them. She loved when her uncle and aunt visited—there was always laughter and fun.

"Uncle Peter!" she squealed, stretching her arms out to him.

Peter laughed and scooped her up from William's arms. "Hello, little princess! Look how big you've gotten!" he said, spinning her around in the air before setting her back down.

Autumn stepped inside, her smile bright and warm. "We have some very exciting news to share with you all," she said, her eyes sparkling with joy.

Catherine and William exchanged curious glances, intrigued by what they might reveal. "What's going on?" Catherine asked, raising her eyebrow with interest.

Peter knelt down beside Alexandra, who was now busy rearranging her toys. "Alexandra, do you know how families can grow?"

Alexandra paused, her attention shifting back to her uncle. "Grow?" she echoed, tilting her head in confusion.

Peter nodded, a grin on his face. "Yes! Sometimes, when a family is very happy, they can add a new member."

Autumn placed her hand gently on her stomach and smiled. "That's right, sweetheart. Uncle Peter and I are going to have a baby!"

Alexandra's eyes widened in surprise, and she looked from her aunt to her uncle and back again. "A baby?" she asked, her little voice filled with wonder. She clutched Mr. Whiskers tightly, not quite grasping the concept but excited nonetheless.

"Yes! A real baby," Peter said, beaming. "You're going to be a cousin!"

"A cousin?" Alexandra repeated, her expression shifting from confusion to delight. She bounced on her toes, her pigtails bobbing with enthusiasm. "Like a new toy?"

Catherine chuckled softly. "Sort of, sweetheart. A cousin will be a new friend to play with, just like your toys. But they'll be a real person, not a toy."

Alexandra giggled, her imagination igniting with the thought of having someone new to share her world with. "Can I hold the baby?" she asked, her excitement bubbling over.

"Of course, but you'll have to be very gentle," Autumn replied, her eyes twinkling. "You'll be a wonderful big cousin."

Peter stood up, giving his wife a playful nudge. "And you can help with all the fun stuff, like picking out toys and helping to teach the baby new things."

The thought of having a baby cousin to share toys with made Alexandra clap her hands in joy. "Yay! A baby!" she cheered, twirling around in circles.

As the adults shared more details about the baby due in December, Alexandra listened intently, her little face glowing with excitement. She clutched Mr. Whiskers close to her chest, already imagining the fun adventures she would have with her new cousin.

After spending a delightful afternoon together, filled with laughter and stories, Peter and Autumn had to say their goodbyes. William lifted Alexandra into his arms again, and she waved goodbye to her uncle and aunt with a big grin.

"Did you have fun, sweet pea?" he asked, kissing her cheek.

"Uh-huh! I'm gonna be a big cousin!" she declared proudly, her eyes sparkling with joy.

"Yes, you are! And you'll have a little friend to play with soon," he said, beaming down at her.

That night, as Alexandra drifted off to sleep with Mr. Whiskers snuggled beside her, she dreamed of all the adventures she would have with her new cousin. The world felt bright and full of possibilities, and she couldn't wait for December to arrive.

ִֶָ𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ🐇་༘࿐