Chapter 1: Welcome to Purvakhand

Character introduction

Yuvraj Rudra: 17 years old. First born son of King Arunaya and Queen Yashashvini. Soon to be king of Purvakhand.

Princess Yamini : 16 year old. Samradmi (Emprersoss) of Madhyagir and Yuvradni of Purvakhand.

Dantya: 16 year old. Son of King Arunaya and his consort Padmini

Indrajeet: Half brother of Queen Yamini.

Padmini: King Arunaya's second wife and consort.

Other characters would be introduced as the story progresses.

Backstory

Madhyanagiri is a comparatively smaller region in terms of land to Purvakhand. Queen Yamini rules Madhyanagiri. She is referred as Queen in Madhyanagiri and Samradmi of Madhyanagri or Yuvradni in Purvakhand. Both terms are often used interchangeably. Her  brother Indrajeet supports her in ruling the kingdom. Even though he is beneath her due to the absence of royal blood running through his veins, she never makes him feel any less then family.

Queen Yamini was married to Prince Rudrajeet when she was 8 year old. They spend a year together before she returned back to Madhyagir and took up the role of queen at a very young age. The ruling king and queen of Madhyanagri passed away due to an unknown disease but Yamini managed the kingdom with great precision. The royal council was excellent and supportive of their queen and never gave her an opportunity to look down at them. Infact, in the last few years, they were able to expand their territory which makes their lands equal to Purvakhand. 

***************************************

Yamini's POV

Today is the day. After 7 years I am finally going to see Yuvraj Rudra.  I wonder if he remembers the one year we spent together as children. He would always be concerned that I would be sad as I was living in Purvakhand away from my parents and my people. His mother, Queen Yashaswini, had strictly warned him that I should not feel sad or left out. For him, his parents were his universe and he loved them dearly and he never denied them. Was everything he did for me because of his genuine feelings or the orders from his mother?

Either way, many years have passed and it is very possible I would be meeting a very changed Yuvraj. While I was in my thoughts, Lekha, one of my trusted maid entered with her head bowed. "Maharanisaheb (Queen), Indra Raje (Raje is a term used to address a royal male) wants to meet you. He is here with a messanger from Purvakhand." She stated. "Let him in" I said and took a seat on the royal chair in the meeting arena next to my bedroom. This is just a small space which can accomodate 12-15 members for private discussions. Indra can visit me without the official rules but he respects my space and never barges in without informing.

"Queen, there's a letter bearer from Purvakhand, when it should have been their prince instead." he said. "Bhaiya (Big brother), let him read the letter" I signaled Indra to stop as I knew what would be his next sentence.

Dear daughter-in-law,

Greetings and Blessings! Unfortunately, Yuvaraj Rudrajeet would not be able to escort you from Madhyanagiri to Purvakhand due to unavoidable circumstances. We request you to start your travel and Yuvraj will meet you mid way. I have sent a palkhi for you. Hope you have a safe journey.

Regards,
Queen Padmini

Before Indra could start again, I clapped twice signalling the maid to come in. I asked her to arrange refreshments and food for the letter bearer. The maid lead him out.

"Yamu, they ain't giving you the respect you deserve. Infact, the entire Royal family should have been here to escort you to Purvakhand. And now, even the Yuvraj could not find time for the queen of Madhyanagri?" he banged his hand on the nearby pillar in frustration. He then took a deep breath and continued. "Vinay informed me this morning that north of Purvakhand was attacked by King Bishnay and King Arunaya had to leave for the fight immediately."