chapter 17

Jasmine and Abhiraj stumbled into the room, the effects of the alcohol clear in their hazy eyes and unsteady movements. The room spun slightly around them, but in that moment, nothing else mattered. The tension between them was palpable, the air thick with the heat of emotions that had been building up for days.

They stood there for a moment, just staring at each other. Jasmine's heart raced, her pulse quickening as she looked into Abhiraj dark, intense gaze. His expression was unreadable, but the way he looked at her made her feel an undeniable pull. She didn’t know if it was the alcohol or something more, but she couldn’t stop herself.

Without a word, Jasmine took a step closer, her fingers brushing against Abhiman’s arm. The slight contact sent a shiver down her spine. In a blink, she closed the gap between them, pressing her lips against his in a desperate kiss. Abhiman hesitated for a second, surprised by the suddenness of it, but soon, he was kissing her back with equal intensity.

The kiss deepened, filled with the raw emotions that neither of them had been able to express before. It was messy, passionate, and fueled by the weight of the moment. His hands found their way to her waist, pulling her closer, while Jasmine's fingers tangled in his hair.

They stumbled toward the bed, their lips never parting. As they fell onto the bed, the world outside faded away, and they were lost in each other. The night became a blur of whispered names and soft touches, as one kiss led to another, and their connection deepened in ways they hadn’t anticipated.

In their intoxicated state, the lines between reality and desire blurred, and they gave in to the passion that had simmered between them for so long.

---