Introduction

Warning:

• Mature (Sexual) Content
• Mental health

Context:

In order for the storyline to make sense, I needed to change up the driver line-ups and the championship standings a little bit. I decided to keep everything like in the 2024 F1 season, except Red Bull. Instead of Checo, there's Luna Castelli.
She's the only woman driver on the grid. She grew up in an average family in Italy, and it's her 2nd Formula one season.

The grid:

Red bull: Max Verstappen & Luna Castelli

Ferrari: Carlos Sainz & Charles Leclerc

Mclaren: Lando Norris & Oscar Piastri

Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton & George Russell

Williams: Logan Sargeant & Alex Albon

VCARB: Daniel Riccardo & Yuki Tsunoda

Aston Martin: Fernando Alonso & Lance Stroll

Haas: Nico Hulkenberg & Kevin Magnussen

Alpine : Pierre Gasly & Esteban Ocon

Kick Sauber: Valtteri Bottas & Zhou Guanyu

2023 Driver's championship:

1. Max Verstappen

2. Lando Norris

3. Charles Leclerc

4. Lewis Hamilton

5. Carlos Sainz

6. Luna Castelli

7. Oscar Piastri

8. Fernando Alonso

9. George Russell

10. Daniel Riccardo

11. Pierre Gasly

12. Lance Stroll

13. Yuki tsunoda

14. Nico Hulkenberg

15. Alex Albon

16. Kevin Magnussen

17. Logan Sargeant

18. Valtteri Bottas

19. Zhou Guanyu

20. Esteban Ocon

2023 Constructor's championship:

1. Red Bull

2. Ferrari

3. Mclaren

4. Mercedes

5. VCARB

6. Aston Martin

7. Williams

8. Alpine

9. Haas

10. Kick Sauber

Some important things to know before Chapter 1 (explanation):

Luna Castelli is often called Lu by her close friends. One of them being her teammate Max verstappen, who has secured 2 driver championships. They're great friends, and even though Luna has only had one full season in Formula one, they've helped each other countless times.

Nicole, Luna's personal trainer and close friend, has been with Luna ever since her controversial F1 debut. She saw a potential in Luna even during her Formula 2 season, where she had almost won the championship but lost it by 4 points. Red Bull's team principle Christian Horner saw something in Luna that only him and Nicole noticed. Her striking will for perfection and her dedication to be on the top step of the podium every race.

Out of the 12 races in Formula 2, Luna only won 4 of them and had a podium at almost every other race, except Quatar. Her driving had been out of this world at every race, but she'd seemed to struggle in Quatar. She'd had qualified 2nd but bottled the start and immediately dropped to 5th. Even though she'd managed to eventually climb some positions up bringing her into 3rd, the unexpected happened. A tire puncture. A mixture of disappointment, stress, anger, and frustration didn't go well with the extremely high temperatures in Quatar. The team had managed to change onto fresh medium tires for the last 10 laps of the race. After Castelli crossed the finish line, she heard her pit wall strategist give her heartbreaking news through the team radio.

"That's P6 Lu, P6. Good drive, nothing you could do about it."

"Fuck. Which position is Piastri?"

"P2. Would you like to know the full lineup?"

"Oh no, please tell me I didn't lose the title."

"Piastri got it with a 4 points gap. It's alright, Lu, you did everything you could."

"Shit. For Fuck's sake. I feel dizzy-"

"Watch the language kiddo. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, sorry. Just give me some time to process this, please."

Now, both Piastri and Castelli are about to dive into their second season in Formula one. And the championship battle in Formula 2 is an inside joke for the two Rookies.

Chapter 1 is coming soon! I'm super excited to write this story for yall...

Stay tuned, and please be patient!

Lysm,

Claire