3

Warning: This story is not suitable for young readers. Read at your own risk.

♡♡♡

CHAPTER THREE
The Ballerina's Shoes Pt. II

It was 7:30 pm when Yuna received the news about a body found near the bridge, not far from the university where she studied. Instead of heading directly to the crime scene, she chose to stay in her room, trying to piece together all the information that Chief Sebastian had sent her.

Her room was neat and peaceful, with a minimalist design. What added charm to the space was her collection of various succulent plants arranged on the balcony. For Yuna, these plants were a source of comfort, helping her unwind and relieve stress.

She opened her small notebook and began flipping through her previous notes. Frustration set in as she realized her earlier deductions had been wrong. One by one, she tore the pages from the notebook, discarding them into the trash. She hadn’t anticipated that the person she was looking for was a serial killer.

After clearing her thoughts, Yuna turned her attention back to the screen of her laptop. Following the report from two students who had come forward to the police, Chief Sebastian himself had gone to the station to gather the latest details. Thanks to modern technology, he was able to send her the crucial information right away.

They had to act fast. The serial killer wouldn’t stop, and if Yuna didn’t catch them soon, more lives would be in danger. Whatever the killer’s motive, it was clear that their anger was deeply rooted in something connected to ballet.

June 26. 6:45 p.m. >> Agatha Rosales was last seen in the CCTV footage of their subdivision, accompanied by a young man believed to be her boyfriend.

• Louise Magtalas, a basketball player at the University of Santa Isabel, has been in a relationship with Agatha for nearly three years, according to information gathered from Miko.

At exactly 7:20 p.m., Louise was seen leaving the subdivision. Thirty-five minutes was more than enough time for him to drop off his girlfriend and talk with her before heading out. It wouldn’t have been possible for him to commit the crime in such a short time.

On the same date, 8:15 p.m., two men in their 30s were seen entering the subdivision. One of them appeared to be smoking and doing something suspiciously,while the other was engaged in a heated conversation with the guard on duty. After their argument, they eventually backed off and left the premises.

• Alberto and Gabriel Moriss, brothers. Based on her deductions from observing their behavior and speech, Yuna concluded they were trying to get into the subdivision where they lived, but the guard didn’t believe them, so the guard did not let them in.

• Jake Silas, the guard, was on duty the night Agatha was killed.

At 1:36 a.m., Jake was seen leaving his post, and the camera didn’t capture anything after that. The CCTV camera suddenly failed and couldn’t be repaired, leaving them without further footage.

“The security in their subdivision is tight. There’s no way the killer could’ve gone through the gate,” Yuna muttered, deep in thought. But she nearly jumped out when a man suddenly appeared inside her room, and he entered through the open balcony door. She quickly grabbed a baseball bat beside her study table, swinging it with all her strength. She almost hit him, but the man raised his hands, revealing himself just in time.

Yuna narrowed her eyes as she recognized the intruder.

“What are you doing here? You’re basically trespassing. Or maybe you’re a thief?” Yuna raised an eyebrow, tightening her grip on the baseball bat.